Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
please respect the no swearing rule
Unfortunately, the Arab clubs will only get stronger and probably won't need funding once they've become as big as the likes of Real Madrid / Man Utd / Bayern etc.

And when Suarez buggers off to Real Madrid, Liverpool will become the 'nearly men' once again.

I despise Chelsea a lot more than City.

Pellegrini has a bit of class about him, Mourinho is a ****.

Kompany seems a decent bloke too off the pitch where as Terry is an awful human being.

Fantasy island stuff.

Where is the integrity in four teams starting every season off with squads multiple times stronger than the rest of the league? Where is the integrity in referees favouring elite teams in decision making? Where's the integrity in clubs being allowed to field weakened teams without any punishment?

The only competition is to attract yourelf a large benefactor and join the elite before some other team gets them in first.

With respect, it is not fantasy island at all.

You, quite correctly over the many years I have read your posts, condemn wrong-doings in sport, highlighting hypocrisy and foul play when you see it.

Yet now you advocate Bill telling the team not to strive for victory - there's an altering of position here to suit your own particular cause.

Kompany seems a decent bloke too off the pitch where as Terry is an awful human being.

he really isn't. he's arrogant because he's a winner. his arrogance breeds success as the players play off it. similar sort of thing has happened to us this season.

anyway, no need to crawl onto out forum and go off topic like.

S

Sorry.

What do you guys want to happen tonight?

I hope Atletico hammer 'the bus'.

Be great if they win nothing after spending all that money.

Is one of you lot doing a multi pisstake? Surely?

There's no way a kopite would be mocking someone for parking the bus, their self awareness can't be that bad. Come on, fess up whoever it is or we'll start checking IPs.

Yep.

13 years posting on the official site, over 18,000 posts & I'm only 28.

Desperately hoping for you guys to get something Saturday.

If we miss out on the title & you miss top 4 at least we both have managers we can trust & hope for the future.

Abramovich & the Arabs won't be around forever.
nobody is but city fans are havin fun right now

Of course you do, your lot are obsessed with hating Chelsea - get over them, it's boring.

Mourinho is an arrogant sod but he's a winner at the end of the day. Football isn't about being nice anymore and before you start about "class", your lot pissed that idea up the wall the day you signed the racist, diving, biting goofy one.

S

Sorry.

What do you guys want to happen tonight?

I hope Atletico hammer 'the bus'.

Be great if they win nothing after spending all that money.

Hope Chelsea park the bus and score in injury time after Atletico fail to create a single goalscoring opportunity.

Can't beat a solid defensive performance, much better than relying on pace and hoofed balls ;)

I personally hope we see an Atletico v Real Madrid final - it will be exciting.

BUT if Chelsea do get to the final, it will be amusing simply to see Liverpool's supporters heads' exploding because, you know, only THEY are supposed to win European Cups because of their history, class, best fans in the world, best stadium, best stewards, best tea lady...

I hope Chelsea do the double; simply because of the disgraceful actions of the RS fans

Chelsea fans attacked
lies immediately circulated about the attack
demba ba racially abused

if not, then I'm happy for city.

do one RS, you live in a bubble of your own importance

With respect, it is not fantasy island at all.

You, quite correctly over the many years I have read your posts, condemn wrong-doings in sport, highlighting hypocrisy and foul play when you see it.

Yet now you advocate Bill telling the team not to strive for victory - there's an altering of position here to suit your own particular cause.
I'd condemn racism and profiteering from football, and overtly crooked refereeing decisions (as I saw them). So I dont see the inconsistency in wanting a club tinged with racism, in receipt of financial doping for a decade or more and who receive more than their fair share of dubious decisions from officials to be denied the title.

TBF, I probably am being hypocritical somewhere along the line. But then what is football without local rivalry and wanting the worst possible outcome for local rivals? It sounds like a fairly abstract world where that reasoning is not viewed as a legitimate pov for a football supporter to take.

Last edited:
What's the general feeling amongst Evertonions regarding City as a club and our supporters?

I dated a scouse bird about 6 years ago when our corrupt(then) owner Thai Franky was at the club, and all her family accepted me as a Manc blue, saying we were the true Manchester team. I guess general opinion has changed somewhat since ADUG bought us. I'm 50 now and I have seen a lot of poor City teams suffer many humiliating defeats over the years, and although we are a long way from where we were back then, I sometimes feel uneasy about our wealth when the likes of you lot cannot compete financially. I am also uneasy with all the glory hunting camera clicking day trippers we are now attracting, and some of the younger fans are becoming smug and arrogant, but it is deffo not what us old school fans are about. But hey, it's all about money nowadays unfortunately, and before we were bought out, I honestly thought I could snuff it without ever seeing my beloved team win another trophy since the old league cup we won in '76.

I watch Everton play and sometimes think, we were like you, behind our team as one for the right reasons... Don't get me wrong, most of us have humility and dignity, remembering all too well where we were not too long ago, especially whilst languishing amongst the dead men of the old 3rd division..

I wish you and your proud club success in the future as you deserve a share of the silverware I think. But, if you do get bought out and start winning trophies, then your hopes and dreams will come true as mine have. However, we are unfortunately morphing into the monster that we hated across town, and I am a bit uneasy being priced out of my seat by some more affluent JCL, despite us loyal supporters being one of the main reasons our owners decided to invest in us in the first place!

I miss the bad old Days of Maine road, alas, but we are keeping up with the Joneseys of the premier league now and watching your team win trophies is a lot better feeling than watching your team get thrashed by Bury and Stockport I suppose! lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.