Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite simply the wrong thing.

A title is won and lost over 38 games not one. If the game, our club and our supporters have any integrity you must want an Everton victory as in every other game we play.
No. And integrity is a mugs game in a sport as corrupt and open to manipulation as this Premier League. Liverpool cant be allowed to stride well ahead of us again.

I'm off to a build a nice big igloo in the North Pole on Monday. I have calculated that it will take me 5 months to build ( based on how long it takes me to stick 56 small ice cubes from my freezer together to make one big ice brick ). I've realised that regardless if they win the league or not I won't be bothered as I will be in hiding and by the time I get back no one will be arsed if they won it. Seems the most sensible option to me.

Alternatively - Man City vs West Ham on the final day.

City only 1-0 up after battering Fat Sam's bus for the entire game.

Corner to West Ham on 88 minutes - 'The ball's loose in the area - CARROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL & it's 1-1.......'

Naismith sounds up for it......

Steven Naismith insists Everton will continue fighting for Champions League qualification until it is mathematically impossible.

Four points separate the Blues and Arsenal with two Premier League fixtures remaining.

Everton host Manchester City this Saturday before travelling to Hull on the final day of the season, whereas Arsene Wenger’s side entertain West Bromwich Albion on Sunday and then conclude their campaign against Norwich City at Carrow Road.

Results this weekend could therefore see the Toffees remain in the top-four shake-up or completely out of the Champions League picture.

And Naismith says that even if the Blues fall just short in their quest, Europa League football - which will be achieved with the accumulation of one more point - would be a worthy reward for an excellent first season under Roberto Martinez.

The Scot told evertontv: “All we are concentrating on is securing European football.

“We would be so disappointed if we couldn’t finish in fifth. I think we have deserved it for the way we have played this season and the push we have had for fourth.

“It’s disappointing that [it seems] we have missed out on that [finishing fourth] because, although it’s not mathematically impossible, we slipped up against Crystal Palace and at the weekend.

“We will definitely be doing all we can but Arsenal have capitalised. We will fight to the end but the main thing is that we have got to finish fifth.”

As well as continuing their Champions League push, Naismith adds that Everton’s players want to thank the fans for their support this season by signing off from home duties in the best possible fashion on Saturday evening.

Goodison is again set to be rocking with all tickets sold for the 5.30pm kick-off.

Naismith continued: “The last home game is good for so many reasons, especially with the great season we have had and just to thank the fans for their help throughout.

“It’s coming to the end of a hard gruelling season and hopefully the sun will be shining on Saturday night and we can put on another good performance.

“There is a lot riding on it because we need points to secure fifth and Manchester City got a boost from the Liverpool-Chelsea result, which showed in their performance straight after [against Crystal Palace] when they started fast, got an early goal and pushed on from there.

“We know that’s what they are going to be like. They got a lot of confidence from last week and will be able to see the finishing line to win the Championship.

“We need to start well, control what we can, play the way we can and take our chances when they come along.”

Steven Naismith insists Everton will continue fighting for Champions League qualification until it is mathematically impossible.

Four points separate the Blues and Arsenal with two Premier League fixtures remaining.

Everton host Manchester City this Saturday before travelling to Hull on the final day of the season, whereas Arsene Wenger’s side entertain West Bromwich Albion on Sunday and then conclude their campaign against Norwich City at Carrow Road.

Results this weekend could therefore see the Toffees remain in the top-four shake-up or completely out of the Champions League picture.

And Naismith says that even if the Blues fall just short in their quest, Europa League football - which will be achieved with the accumulation of one more point - would be a worthy reward for an excellent first season under Roberto Martinez.

The Scot told evertontv: “All we are concentrating on is securing European football.

“We would be so disappointed if we couldn’t finish in fifth. I think we have deserved it for the way we have played this season and the push we have had for fourth.

“It’s disappointing that [it seems] we have missed out on that [finishing fourth] because, although it’s not mathematically impossible, we slipped up against Crystal Palace and at the weekend.

“We will definitely be doing all we can but Arsenal have capitalised. We will fight to the end but the main thing is that we have got to finish fifth.”

As well as continuing their Champions League push, Naismith adds that Everton’s players want to thank the fans for their support this season by signing off from home duties in the best possible fashion on Saturday evening.

Goodison is again set to be rocking with all tickets sold for the 5.30pm kick-off.

Naismith continued: “The last home game is good for so many reasons, especially with the great season we have had and just to thank the fans for their help throughout.

“It’s coming to the end of a hard gruelling season and hopefully the sun will be shining on Saturday night and we can put on another good performance.

“There is a lot riding on it because we need points to secure fifth and Manchester City got a boost from the Liverpool-Chelsea result, which showed in their performance straight after [against Crystal Palace] when they started fast, got an early goal and pushed on from there.

“We know that’s what they are going to be like. They got a lot of confidence from last week and will be able to see the finishing line to win the Championship.

“We need to start well, control what we can, play the way we can and take our chances when they come along.”

Don't you have your own forum's to post on

Desperate.

...then you might be interested to know that the Everton 1963 title was won when our players were taking amphetamines. Yes, very Corinthian. But we still love them and their achievements.

I did not know that and in my eyes their achievement then is less worthy. Don't be so condescending with the use of the word "Corinthian", it's about values that make competition worthy, not about altering the outcome just because it does not suit you or the club you support.

Don't you have your own forum's to post on

Yep.

13 years posting on the official site, over 18,000 posts & I'm only 28.

Desperately hoping for you guys to get something Saturday.

If we miss out on the title & you miss top 4 at least we both have managers we can trust & hope for the future.

Abramovich & the Arabs won't be around forever.

Not at all mate, without integrity competition in sport is worthless, and outside of sport too, integrity is possibly the single most valuable attribute to have.

Got to look at it from Citeh's point of view too. Would their players and fans feel happy winning the title if they knew another team had thrown a game against them, so they could win? The players, especially, would probably feel insulted if we felt we had to throw it for them.

What kind of message would it send out to Roberto if he thinks some fans want his team to lose?

I can't bring myself to wish defeat upon my own team, and certainly not for Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.