When we get 4th how does the transfer policy work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine we got fourth, we play Zenit, Putin in the crowd, Bainesys free kick hits Putin and his head fells off, everton win 4-0

Thats got me thinking about what 3 teams I'd want in the group stages purely based on wishing to see their presidents hit in the head with a ball mate

Won't get involved with the Putin debate again like as know were on different sides of the fence their :)

It is an interesting point.

I refuse to believe Kenwright thought we'd actually get 4th this year so if we do there is major pressure on him to dig deep.

Last time we got Phil Neville and Simon Davies.

This time it needs to be huge.

That is something that I hadn't considered and I think you're spot on there. So, us doing well so early on might actually weirdly be more uncomfortable for Bill. That thought makes me absurdly happy!

Doubt we will get anyone of the calibre of Villarreal if we do get through. Still don't know how that draw worked out. The two strongest leagues in Europe had its 2 qualifiers drawn against each other. My guess is our co-efficient will be better this time around due to us having been in Europe and we didn't finish 17th the year before in our domestic league. As has already been said, if we do qualify it is likely to earn us an extra 20m. Substantial but not an unbelievable amount. What it will do however, is to raise the profile of the club, which can only be a good thing when attracting players and investment.
our coefficient is awful and we wont be seeded meaning we can draw napoli or porto

our coefficient is awful and we wont be seeded meaning we can draw napoli or porto

Hopefully will swerve Napoli/Porto and Bilbao, any of the others I'd be massively confident at plastering them

and of those 3 I still think we'd have enough to see them off

There should be plenty of money available without the Champions League money. TV money has increased by 30 million, and there should be plenty of funds from all the players we have sold in the past 12 months. So we should be investing in top quality players before any qualifier. We can pay good wages as well, 75k a week should get you a very good player.
Lol you expect Kenwright to allow money the manager has generated from sales re-appear if he gets a windfall from performing well and getting us to the big time? Expect all that money and saved wages to disappear and him to be generously given a war chest of about 15m.

Hopefully will swerve Napoli/Porto and Bilbao, any of the others I'd be massively confident at plastering them

and of those 3 I still think we'd have enough to see them off
Dunno. I think we could maybe squeeze through Porto although they would be massive favours still with their experience. Napoli is the one that worries me. They are good side with a manager who knows how to get it done in europe even if he is [Poor language removed] in leagues. Napoli are a decent side who beat Dortmund and Arsenal this season and Porto are a very good side as well.

Bilbao are meh. We'd beat them.

Dunno. I think we could maybe squeeze through Porto although they would be massive favours still with their experience. Napoli is the one that worries me. They are good side with a manager who knows how to get it done in europe even if he is [Poor language removed] in leagues. Napoli are a decent side who beat Dortmund and Arsenal this season and Porto are a very good side as well.

Bilbao are meh. We'd beat them.

Would all go down to how big a lead we had mate going into the away game, I am certain we'd beat them all at Goodison as the old Lady on a European night is something that will unnerve anyone, but all 3 of those places are equally beastly places for away teams like (actually not sure about Napoli's ground - but Bilbao and Porto deffo are)

Lol you expect Kenwright to allow money the manager has generated from sales re-appear if he gets a windfall from performing well and getting us to the big time? Expect all that money and saved wages to disappear and him to be generously given a war chest of about 15m.

Dissapear where?

And we have to win the qualifier in order to obtain the CL money. I do expect us to be spending more than 20million before the qualifier, if we get to one.

Dissapear where?

And we have to win the qualifier in order to obtain the CL money. I do expect us to be spending more than 20million before the qualifier, if we get to one.
Into fat Bill's Joseph and his technicolour dreamcoat fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.