When we get 4th how does the transfer policy work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to be on improving the SQUAD, not the first team, if there is potential for us to play a million games next year. I think Bobby gets that.

with the transfer policy we have had the last 10 years or so getting through or not will probs effect who we sell and how much for before we even think about buying.

It has to be on improving the SQUAD, not the first team, if there is potential for us to play a million games next year. I think Bobby gets that.

We definitely need numbers. But not any old crap just to fill it up.

We need good players. Really good ones.

I'm gonna jinx it now. Players like Colback and Rodwell will not do in my eyes.

Yes they will fill a gap and do an ok yet not spectacular job, but they won't be good enough.

If we don't make it past the qualifier, surely we should build the squad as we would if we were in the group stages anyway. Because if our goal is to break in to the top 4 permanently then that is the calibre of players we are going to need. Basically we need to speculate to accumulate so to speak.

We definitely need numbers. But not any old crap just to fill it up.

We need good players. Really good ones.

I'm gonna jinx it now. Players like Colback and Rodwell will not do in my eyes.

Yes they will fill a gap and do an ok yet not spectacular job, but they won't be good enough.
Rodwell would be a good back up IMO.

I've been thinking about this quite a lot. And I think the scenario mentioned in the first post is probably how it'll be - we qualify then we spend. That's why the deadline day is ridiculously at the end of august not before the season starts as it should be, so teams like arsenal know what they can spend, ensuring the monied elite stay that way. Maybe we'll be able to take advantage this year rather than be screwed over like this season

Complete opposite lad actually, at the stage we are at atm we need to improve the first team to maintain and push on from this season, by the very nature of improving the first team squad you also imporve the depth of the squad as players like Osman and Pineaar go from starters to subs etc

Maybe. But he'd need to be fit.

And that's that.

Rodwell is a punt type of player mate, one you get in after you have the positions you want sorted to your satisfaction, as he can't be relied on at all to be fit but has the potential to be a surprise asset if he turned his health around

Rodwell is a punt type of player mate, one you get in after you have the positions you want sorted to your satisfaction, as he can't be relied on at all to be fit but has the potential to be a surprise asset if he turned his health around

I'm sure it will come back and bite me, but I really don't want him.

Colback over Rodders anyday

I just want the choice to be about 8 levels above them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.