Leon Osman

Useful squad player ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it appears that the player he is most useed to cover for is not fully fit, thats why he is played so much. Okay he has been poor but apart from Pienaar and half-fit Ross he is the only one capable of taking, holding and distributing the ball to a consistent level. Although maybe McGeady can offer something in this regard. The rest of our attacking options do not.
he's started nearly every game, regardless of form for the last two seasons, he wasn't at his worst against spurs, but looked goosed after 25 mins

He´ll score tonight .

In fairness, although I'm defending him above, it baffles me how a top flight footballer can so consistently mi**** shots. The positions and chances he gets for himself and roughly 7 times out of 10 he will roll a shot tamely at the keeper.

Pienaars not much better.

I defend both of them as they have some of the qualities we rely on badly for our style, so can understand them being selected, but the sooner we can get in younger replacements with better end product the sooner we will see what this team can really do.

In fairness, although I'm defending him above, it baffles me how a top flight footballer can so consistently mi**** shots. The positions and chances he gets for himself and roughly 7 times out of 10 he will roll a shot tamely at the keeper.

I defend both of them as they have some of the qualities we rely on badly for our style, so can understand them being selected, but the sooner we can get in younger replacements with better end product the sooner we will see what this team can really do.

I think we can get away with not having Osman in the team when Pienaar is there, Pienaar is essentially Osman but good at football

he's started nearly every game, regardless of form for the last two seasons, he wasn't at his worst against spurs, but looked goosed after 25 mins

Oh dont get me wrong, under Moyes he often looked lost in our tactics, or just poor but under Bobby as I say above, he offers something that the others dont so can understand him being used, especially when we are without Ross.

Seriously...watch Mirallas try to take a ball in to his feet and hold posession...he is not far off Lukaku, although not as bad as Naismith. The problem we have is that we need the qualities of Osman in there as they are essential to our style of play especially if we have Ross and/or Pienaar missing. The last 20 mins against Spurs showed us what an attack filled with our flying wingers will do. THey will be completely seperate from our centre mid two and will regularly lose possession.

I like how Mi****s gets picked up by the swear filter haha PeterBeagrie will be reporting that post as we speak.

Agreed,but can understand why Bobby keeps him in.

I agree wholeheartedly about needing link up players, Pienaar looked so essential against spurs once he's gone off, but Osman doesnt have the legs to start games, hence him getting brushed off the ball for the free kick. I like james mac, but I think long term he will have to develop more to his game, if he's going to play alongside an out and out sitter like Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.