Leon Osman

Useful squad player ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...as often said, I'm in the ossie camp too. Sure he doesn't have dynamite in his boots, but he can come up with the odd screamer or important goal. His weaknesses are often exposed by his quality. What I mean is that often he'll do a brilliant little shimmy to make a bit of space but then not make the most of the opportunity. He'll take the ball on the turn in an effort to gain momentum, whilst lesser players take the easy option of playing it back from where it came. RM picks him because he's talented, but we can talk all day about this, those who don't like him are not for turning.

...as often said, I'm in the ossie camp too. Sure he doesn't have dynamite in his boots, but he can come up with the odd screamer or important goal. His weaknesses are often exposed by his quality. What I mean is that often he'll do a brilliant little shimmy to make a bit of space but then not make the most of the opportunity. He'll take the ball on the turn in an effort to gain momentum, whilst lesser players take the easy option of playing it back from where it came. RM picks him because he's talented, but we can talk all day about this, those who don't like him are not for turning.

actually i'd say one of the biggest differences between pienaar and osman is that pienaar will play around corners, thus linking the play far quicker and far more effectively, whereas as Osman in fact does very often just play the ball straight back, or wait and let the oppo have it without putting up a fight

I think that he was, certainly. He isn't anymore really, but I agree that people shouldn't be tearing strips off him - he's run his legs off for us over the years.
I think he can still do a job for us from the bench,agree that to a certain extent his "legs have gone" when starting,but the depth or lack of in our squad means he'll be asked to start more than he should,but the fall back "he's crap" statements are just wrong

I think he can still do a job for us from the bench,agree that to a certain extent his "legs have gone" when starting,but the depth or lack of in our squad means he'll be asked to start more than he should,but the fall back "he's crap" statements are just wrong

I agree mate ,but at least when they are dishin it out to Osman they are leaving some one else alone .God help us if Hibbert starts .....

the most selfless servant of any institution in living memory

false-dwight.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.