Everton v Crystal Palace. 15th Feb @ 19.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the Pulis, rugby bus ham shank analogy mate! Oh how I lol'd. Great review mate. I know how your feeling. However Everton reward us inversely proportionally to how we are feeling.

When hopeful, they rip our hearts out. When we are just a bit meh about our chances, they destroy whoever is put in front of them. I'm gonna remain meh about our chances though, just in case.

COYB!

I'm overly hopeful that Palace will get the results of a massive backlash from a game we should have won at the weekend, and get a right good hammering.
At the same time I'm completely meh when it comes to our chances of actually getting the ball into the net, 80% possession and 10,000 completed passes or not.

So i guess that evens out to a disappointing 0-0 written all over it!

No three points tonight and it's season over and seventh place.

Let's see if the players can be arsed.

We should easy win this regardless of who is injured.

The MET office are reporting "exceptionally strong winds" in the North-West of England this evening. So I think both teams will want to play with the ball on the floor due to the unpredictability of the wind. Luckily we're a hundred times better than Palace with the ball on the floor, based on this I think we'll win by a couple.

Tim Howard will get a hattrick of goals from goal kicks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26148379

Gusts of up to 100 miles an hour. I think the club would be wise to push for a cancelled game given the threat to public safety...not to mention a lack of strikers.

This will be called off by about 2pm, IMO.

"The Met Office red warning, which means people should take action, is for between 13:30 GMT until 21:00 GMT and is the first issued this winter.
The Met Office said: "Winds of this strength can cause widespread structural damage, bringing down trees and also leading to loss of power supplies."

Last edited:
2-0 Baines Barkley

Is this possibly the first time ourselves, them lot and Spurs have played at the same time this season?

Cant remember another match thread where we were also keeping an eye on their scores.

Just been told by one of my mates (one of those that always spouts in the know bs) that the game is about to be cancelled due to the rain. It is absolutely relentless though.

ffs.

got to take my little cousin before the game to get pictures with them before the game as well. if they are cancelling they need to do it before Palace fans actually leave IMO. Imagine getting all the way here and they announce it

cancelled game would be annoying, we might get fixture build up if we stay in the FA cup..mind you we might have some strikers back lol

ffs.

got to take my little cousin before the game to get pictures with them before the game as well. if they are cancelling they need to do it before Palace fans actually leave IMO. Imagine getting all the way here and they announce it

then if the weather improves and it can be played everyone will ahve a go at them, its a difficult one to get the balance right

@Everton: For those asking, we are aware of the forecast and will monitor throughout the day. At this stage the game is very much on. #EFC

ffs.

Completely agree. They've got to tell the Palace fans before they make any attempt to travel. It's only fair. It'll be terrible if they call it off at 6ish, more Palace fans would be somewhere near Liverpool by then.

However, Everton's twitter saying "the game is very much on" is implying to me that they're not worried about the wind/rain and any effect that'll have on the game. Saying that, the MET office has issued the warning for this evening, so comparing the weather to now and then is retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.