Stoke v Everton 1st Jan 2014 @ 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
As with the Sunderland game, today was one of those days that the little round thing just didn't go into that rectangular net thing (before the penalty obviously!).

We did more than enough to take all 3 points; we had several very good, clear cut chances. Stoke defended admirably and as though their Premier League survival depended on it. Looking at some of their blocking from shots today, they must be credited.

Very frustrating to only leave with a point on the balance of play, but one we gladly accept going into injury time a goal down.
Agreed mate.

I think the level of disappointment obviously being felt across this community is a real indicator at how far we have come in a short space of time under Bobby. In recent years we would have gone to stoke expecting a tough physical encounter that most of the time we would have been happy to come away with a point, however our current expectations are up and we all hoped we would smash them the same as for Sunderland.

But never mind sh1t happens. We are Everton we never do it the easy way and this is far from over- lets just make sure we don't lose the plot, get behind the boys and see what Bobby can pull out of the bag as we move on in the right direction.

Fair play to Stoke. They were organised at the back and decent on the break. Despite hitting the woodwork twice we were a bit flat today.

Osman made a difference in the last 20 minutes. Could have been better for us but I'm always happy to leave the Brittania with a point.

At the end Jela walked off first, on his own looking down. Sad to see that.

Potato
I'd imagine for the same reasons that you support Everton

Born in Stoke, it's in the blood. Went down in the Waddington Era when we could hold our own against most sides. Saw us beat Arsenal 5-0, Man Utd 3-0 Best, Law , Stiles and Charlton played), Chelsea 6-0

I am from working class Stoke . If I am honest not much going for the area but I am proud of the city, Pottery industry, coal mining, Robbie Williams, Arnold Bennet, and Reginald Mitchell, inventor of the Spitfire. I think a bit like Everton fans, salt of the earth, no edge, honest. And like you we are one of only eight cities to boast 2 football teams - which gives us a footballing mentality. Also Stoke are founder members of the Football league, after Notts County , the second oldest team in the country

Potato

Born in Stoke, it's in the blood. Went down in the Waddington Era when we could hold our own against most sides. Saw us beat Arsenal 5-0, Man Utd 3-0 Best, Law , Stiles and Charlton played), Chelsea 6-0

I am from working class Stoke . If I am honest not much going for the area but I am proud of the city, Pottery industry, coal mining, Robbie Williams, Arnold Bennet, and Reginald Mitchell, inventor of the Spitfire. I think a bit like Everton fans, salt of the earth, no edge, honest. And like you we are one of only eight cities to boast 2 football teams - which gives us a footballing mentality. Also Stoke are founder members of the Football league, after Notts County , the second oldest team in the country

Is right mate

I love the fact that it was Osman that saved a point today. he is getting far to much stick.

I think he gets as much stick as he deserves to be honest, he's been poor when he started games and should no longer be used for anything other than appearances in the latter stages like today and Villa, where you couldn't fault him at all.

Not being doom and gloom as I think a point at Stoke is neither a good result nor a bad one, just par for the season really. But the most worrying thing for me today was that our shortcomings did not seem to be at the back where we have excuses, but further forward where it was our trusted players responsible for putting the ball in the net. Though Pienaar was poor and Barkley wasn't up to his usual self. Did think Mirallas was good however

Potato

Well remarked mate...please, PLEASE can Stoke beat LFC next PL game

I think he gets as much stick as he deserves to be honest, he's been poor when he started games and should no longer be used for anything other than appearances in the latter stages like today and Villa, where you couldn't fault him at all.

Ah its more about the level of stick. Some people trying to claim he is completely philneville.

He does a job. Made a big difference today. We all know we need better backup but this is the squad we have. The abuse is ridiculous. We have some absolute belters for fans on here.

Potato

Think your lot deserve better to be honest mate. A grand old club should have a chance in the modern game at playing some actual football.

I don't really even mind the long ball approach to be honest -- whatever's legal. But you've got a team of fouling, shirt-pulling grocks, and that's less legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.