• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take Laudrup.

I'd be quite excited at his knowledge of Spanish football and eye for a Moyes-like bargain.

Pity we couldn't nick Michu from them though as he'd cost about 15m.

I almost said "I reckon we'd ruin Michu like Jelavic" but then realised that won't necessarily be true.

Brave new world indeed.

I wouldn't be upset with Phil Neville to be honest. Not sure why but I have a hunch he could be a very good manager. He's seen how Ferguson works and also Moyes for the last 7 years too. Knows the strengths and weaknesses of the current squad and it just seems a logical choice. Risky obviously, but I'd rather take a risk on someone who could potentially be a very good manager rather than the safe appointment of Martin O Neil or the like.

Laudrup has a new contract for the year ahead which would cost lots to get him out of. Remember any money we need to spend on releasing a manager from his contract reduces our transfer budget.

Don't want O'Neill, Hughes or Lennon. Kenwright needs to think outside the box here. Laudrup would be great but won't happen.

This is so sad in a way. End of an era.

Will be an interesting summer. Transfer thread will be interesting, and this thread will be interesting.

And no Phil Neville. I'd like him to get experience somewhere else first. He's ready to do some assistant coaching.

Was interesting to see him with Moyes on the sidelines on Sunday.

Neville's a bit young to be going straight into premier league management at the moment. It's just too risky at this stage

Ideally I want someone who can preserve the current image of Everton as having a hard-working mentality, as well as have the ability to make the maximum use of the resources we have like Moyes has. I don't think there are a lot of managers who can find Colemans and Gibsons and turn them into great PL players. Also, I hate managers who cannot concede a deserved defeat or choose to ignore refereeing decisions ("I haven't seen the incident"). At least David said it how he saw it.

Hopefully if Moyes goes then he can recommend to Kenwright a suitable replacement, similarly to how Smith did.

The only manager I would take right now to cheer me up is Duncan Ferguson even tho he got no experience, do not want O'neil, would cry if we got him. No Hughes, No Harry, I might consider the Fulham Manager Joel

I'll lose my head if it's anyone of Martinez, Lennon, O'Neil, Hughes, Redknapp, Jol and especially ****ing Neville!! And Steve Round as well getting it on a full time basis. I will honestly lose my head big time.

If they can't get Laudrup (which I think will be quite hard) then we have to go for someone outside of the UK it's an absolute must!

Don't think Jol would leave London. Ideally would like someone with an eye for the foreign market to get a few bargains in. Kenwright can't afford to do this on the cheap. Surely the board knew that there was a good chance Moyes was going and they have a list somewhere. If not then BK is truly mad!

At this moment I'd be happy to take Martinez not because he's the best bet we've got but because it means we've avoided O'Neill, Lennon, Hughes, Round, Neville, not to mention the likes of Coleman, Jones, Curbishley.

Status
Not open for further replies.