CONFIRMED: Moyes Leaving - All Reaction Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saved for the inevitable.

I just do not see at all why United would mention the successor resigning, when Moyes is actually one of the few in the frame that wouldn't have too.

I am almost 100% certain that it's Mourinho, and that he's known about this for ages. The retirement news wasn't supposed to be announced till after the game on sunday, and I reckon that would of sat nicely with the Mourinho/Madrid negotiations. He's just mixing it all up with chelsea etc in order to wind up Abramovich.

i also think that the only person who would have the brass neck to go into United and believe that he is actually better than what went before him, is Mourinho. With Ferguson staying ath club, it could have the same effect as Shankly at the RS, where the actual respect of all backroom and playing staff, lay at the feet of the previous manager.

It could be an absolute poison chlaice for 90% of the managers out there.

@GregOK: Increasingly hearing that David Moyes WILL leave #EFC to succeed Alex Ferguson at #MUFC in the summer

Greg O'Keeffe ‏@GregOK 2m
Increasingly hearing that David Moyes WILL leave #EFC to succeed Alex Ferguson at #MUFC in the summer

I'm pretty gob smacked how many people on here are giving Moyes such a bad time.

You may have noticed that Fergie generally plays the same 4-5-1 system, just has significantly more talent at his disposal. He tends to buy/play people in 2/3 different positions such as Rooney playing CM, LW, RW. Wellbeck on the flanks, Jones at RB, CDM, CB. Valencia RW,RB all the things people on here scream at Moyes for.

Moyes deserves a top job and I'd rather see him at Utd than City or Chelsea

I´m 99% sure it´ll be Moyes for United.

1. Moyes is a brilliant manager which has been obvious for years. He´s made a club with the finances of relegation strugglers into top 4 contenders. Is there another manager in the league at this point who could have done the same, bar Alex Ferguson?

2. Moyes is desperate to go there. It´s been his ambition all his career. I´ve entertained the thought that he might have rejected man city or chelsea to stay on at Everton but Man Utd, never. If he gets the question he´ll accept immediately. This would be true even IF Bill could offer him a kitty of say 50 mil or more.

3. Man Utd want a successor for the long run. They want more of the same. Mourinho is almost guaranteed success but he leaves as soon as his novelty factor wears off. Utd don´t want a narcissist, they want someone who will live and breathe the club, just as Moyes has done for Everton the past decade.

What´s in stall for Everton after Moyes? We´ll be combining mediocre finances with a mediocre manager. I won´t hold my breath for another shot at the top any time soon.

As for Moyes, I think he´ll be a banging success at Utd and I´m betting he breaks his Anfield hodoo next season.

Greg O'Keeffe ‏@GregOK 2m
Increasingly hearing that David Moyes WILL leave #EFC to succeed Alex Ferguson at #MUFC in the summer

I would say that it is pretty much that then!

Hey ho, good luck Moyes and thank you for bringing credibility back to Goodison Park.

Now get your stuff and GTF out! :)

I´m 99% sure it´ll be Moyes for United.

1. Moyes is a brilliant manager which has been obvious for all to see for years. He´s made a club with the finances of relegation strugglers into top 4 contenders. Is there another manager in the league at this point who could have done the same, bar Alex Ferguson?

2. Moyes is desperate to go there. It´s been his ambition all his career. I´ve entertained the thought that he might have rejected man city or chelsea to stay on at Everton but Man Utd, never. If he gets the question he´ll accept immediately. This would still be true even IF Bill could offer him a kitty of say 50 mil or more.

3. Man Utd want a successor for the long run. They want more of the same. Mourinho is almost guaranteed success but always leaves as soon as his novelty factor wears off. Utd don´t want a narcissist, they want someone who will live and breathe the club, just as Moyes has done for Everton the past decade.

What´s in stall for Everton after Moyes? We´ll be combining mediocre finances with a mediocre manager. I won´t hold my breath for another shot at top for any time soon.

As for Moyes, I think he´ll be a baning success at Utd and I´m betting he breaks his Anfield hodoo next season.

No he hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.