Where we threw it away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't even know we had thrown it away yet, still 5 games left and anything is possible.

I don't really see the point in looking back and saying specifically the games that could have taken a different course. There are games where they could have gone against us too, Man City getting a clear penalty at our place for one.

I dont like this kind of speculation, i find it unnecessary. But if i would have to identify that exact "moment" it would be...
January transfer window.

* but like we all know, things can still happend, lets keep fighting

Against the 5 teams currently above us, we're on 3 wins, 4 draws, and 2 defeats. Not bad at all with just Chelsea to come.

Against the current bottom 7, we're on 6 wins, 5 draws and 2 defeats with just the Sunderland game to come. And that my friends is why we're outside the top 4.

So youre point is we've picked up points in 13 games out of 15 against lesser teams? FFS Moyes!

We should be in the hunt for third place,never mind fourth.
We have dropped too many silly points against lesser teams this season,we should probably have another six points by now and then we would be in with a real chance of CL instead of just an outside chance.

I don't see why people are so surprised that we are chasing a CL spot.Our first team is a match for the best and the results from the original post seem to prove that.Where we have fallen down is our conservative selections and performances against poorer teams.
I think the squad David Moyes has put together is good enough to qualify for CL.

So youre point is we've picked up points in 13 games out of 15 against lesser teams? FFS Moyes!
I don't think that's the point tadpole was trying to make.

A more complete way to look at it would be to say that of the 39 points available in those thirteen games already played, we've picked up 23. That's not enough to mount anything more than an outside challenge for the Europa League spot - what a coincidence.

Against the 5 teams currently above us, we're on 3 wins, 4 draws, and 2 defeats. Not bad at all with just Chelsea to come.

Against the current bottom 7, we're on 6 wins, 5 draws and 2 defeats with just the Sunderland game to come. And that my friends is why we're outside the top 4.

Jelavic

Two words. Norwich

was watching Norwich game on shaky stream, gave up on it and went for p*ss pretty confident three points were in the bag and we were in the mix. turned the radio on when returned 2 1 down, and started to think who we might buy next season. so this was the point it felt like a long shot, but agree with the post that the squad is good enough but hasn't been used as a squad in the way it could have been. tue. night made me very optimistic for next season

Its a combination of things silly draws . Out of form goalkeeper , no prolific striker , bad transfer window and refs but yet we still stand 4 points behind 4th with 5 games to go . The team needs to just keep winning games and the hard work should pay of . The teams around us can drop points and each of the team fighting for a place has a reason to drop points . Chelsea have a load more games so could be knackered for some games so i see alot of there games will be draws . Tottenham seem to be running out of steam and if bale comes back he wont be on full cylinders . Arsenal could crack with the pressure . We are in a good position because everyone seems to think we are out of it so it will take alot of the nerves of the team and all they have to do is pull the wins out . Also think spurs have being very lucky this season with bales form . Had he not being playing how he has then spurs could of lost or drawn a few games were bales moment of magicness has saved them . Hopefully if we keep the same bunch of players and add a goal scored then next season we could be there . I think we are very like spurs last season with fellaini like modric who wanted to leave so they sold up and improved . Hope we get 4th but 5th isnt bad i just dont like the way europa tires everyone out . The only positives i see is attracing more foreign players

Every team goes through patches of getting bad results, having their keeper/defender/striker out of form, manager picking the wrong lineup during a season. At the end of 38 games, the table generally doesn't lie, and we will finish where we deserve to finish.

It's not about making predictions,it's about the games we played and the results we got.It's about the games we let slip away.

And,yes,if we can keep our players,keep our manager and add one or two in the summer, we will be in the shakeup for CL next season. But,not if we are not prepared to attack and blow away the weaker teams. I am more worried about our result against Sunderland away than Arsenal away. I think that next Saturday there is a greater risk of losing our chance of a CL spot than there was on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.