Where we threw it away

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadpole

Player Valuation: £15m
Against the 5 teams currently above us, we're on 3 wins, 4 draws, and 2 defeats. Not bad at all with just Chelsea to come.

Against the current bottom 7, we're on 6 wins, 5 draws and 2 defeats with just the Sunderland game to come. And that my friends is why we're outside the top 4.

Newcastle at home.

Imagine we had the extra two points we were robbed off when the ref reckoned Victor's goal hadn't crossed the line.

The three big ones are Newcastle, Fulham and Norwich (at home). This is why every game counts; we knew this would come back to bite us long before today though.

On the other hand, I'm sure Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea will look back on similar games they threw away.

I know that but when all is said and done we scored a perfectly good goal which wasn't given ergo their second goal wouldn't have affected the result.

The consecutive draws we had in October/November, should have beat Reading, Norwich and Fulham.

AND the January transfer window disaster we had, messed that up pretty badly in a rather embarrassing way.

Results wise obviously all of the draws which we really should have won. But I think our lack of activity in January is another big factor, we missed out on a new first team quality player to mix it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.