Philip Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, and where do you buy your clothes? Harrods?

£30 for a garment that falls to pieces in the wash within 3 months is extremely expensive IMO. You get better quality for a far cheaper price in Primark. Even Tesco has better quality clothing products than Top Man.

Also, there hasn't been a single piece of heterosexual male clothing in Top Man since 2008. It's all aimed at the homosexual market these days.

What's the differance between heterosexual and homosexual clothing?

Its all the same material in the end?

From what I have heard of Green there is no way he has invested or lent any money to Everton, football does not make money and Green is extremely financially prudent. He would not put money into a venture without a great deal of confidence that he would see a return.

From what I have heard of Green there is no way he has invested or lent any money to Everton, football does not make money and Green is extremely financially prudent. He would not put money into a venture without a great deal of confidence that he would see a return.

Financially prudent here meaning "bad tax dodging hypocrite'.

Ha ha, some really funny comments in this thread.

To be fair mate, there have been loads of major shareholders who have sold the football clubs they used to own for a massive profit.

Kenwright and Green are bang on target to do just that. They bought the club at 1999 prices and will probably sell it at 2014 prices. A massive profit indeed.

So have you heard it, or read it?

Even if the quote is true, which I doubt, it is still utter nonsense.

Yeah, if it hadn't have been for the prospect of Kopites withdrawing their custom from Dorothy Perkins he would have been right in there and investing millions in Everton.

The point about him actually investing in Spurs makes this supposed quote even more incredible. Was he not put off from investing in Spurs due to the fears that all the Gooners would stop buying expensive shite from Top Shop?

He's a spurs fan though, so investment in spurs is understandable and it was hardly a hefty sum if I remember rightly. As I say, what i read is what I hear, I live down south so hardly claim to be 'in the know'. I just remember reading that that was his 'reason,' whether or not it is wholly legitimate opens a whole new can of worms.

AnimalFarm said:
Kenwright and Green are bang on target to do just that. They bought the club at 1999 prices and will probably sell it at 2014 prices. A massive profit indeed.
That's the difference between investment and donation.

Ha ha, some really funny comments in this thread.

To be fair mate, there have been loads of major shareholders who have sold the football clubs they used to own for a massive profit.

So you would expect Everton to be sold in 2014 at 1999 prices? Thats the funniest comment of all!!

So you would expect Everton to be sold in 2014 at 1999 prices? Thats the funniest comment of all!!

Who has even suggested that Everton should be sold at 1999 prices in 2014?

I was just making it clear that chairmen/shareholders frequently make massive profits from the football industry, and that Kenwright is on target to do just that.

Where you got the idea that someone was suggesting that Everton should be sold at their 1999 value, only you will know.

Chang Elephant said:
Even funnier that Blues like you seemingly want Kenwright to take a big profit for taking no financial steps whatsoever to grow the business in 15 years.
Eh? I don't understand - the business has grown by 250% in the last 13 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.