Philip Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that, but if they felt strongly enough to boycott his stores because of his Everton connection they'd already have enough reason and would have done so by now.

good that it's not just me that's heard that.

It's not true.

As if Phillip Green has been quoted as given reasoning as to why he doesn't invest in a football club that he supposedly has nothing to do with. And if he did, as if he would put forward this ridiculous notion of Liverpool fans potentially withdrawing their custom from Top Shop, Burton and Dorothy Perkins is what prevents him from investing in Everton.

He did put money into Spurs in the nineties, are we to assume gooners dont go to Burton's? I by-and-large support Bill but something is iffy, and definitely lacks transparency.

As I said, it's just what I recall reading. I found it very very strange at the time, probably more a ploy to not have to invest in the club. Like helping your mate out at a game of poker, you feel half decent if he wins, but if he loses then at least it's not your money.

Brilliant - don't support the refugees or immigrants - but if you had the cash you'd emigrate (or be an immigrant somewhere)
Genius

Theres a difference between a qualified immigrant with a global investment portfolio and some mugs hiding under trucks and claiming asylum, or some single mums with 9 african kids.

good that it's not just me that's heard that.

As I said, it's just what I recall reading. I found it very very strange at the time, probably more a ploy to not have to invest in the club. Like helping your mate out at a game of poker, you feel half decent if he wins, but if he loses then at least it's not your money.

So have you heard it, or read it?

Even if the quote is true, which I doubt, it is still utter nonsense.

Yeah, if it hadn't have been for the prospect of Kopites withdrawing their custom from Dorothy Perkins he would have been right in there and investing millions in Everton.

The point about him actually investing in Spurs makes this supposed quote even more incredible. Was he not put off from investing in Spurs due to the fears that all the Gooners would stop buying expensive shite from Top Shop?

So have you heard it, or read it?

Even if the quote is true, which I doubt, it is still utter nonsense.

Yeah, if it hadn't have been for the prospect of Kopites withdrawing their custom from Dorothy Perkins he would have been right in there and investing millions in Everton.

The point about him actually investing in Spurs makes this supposed quote even more incredible. Was he not put off from investing in Spurs due to the fears that all the Gooners would stop buying expensive shite from Top Shop?

Kinell do you buy your clothes from Home and Bargain or something?

Kinell do you buy your clothes from Home and Bargain or something?

Lol, and where do you buy your clothes? Harrods?

£30 for a garment that falls to pieces in the wash within 3 months is extremely expensive IMO. You get better quality for a far cheaper price in Primark. Even Tesco has better quality clothing products than Top Man.

Also, there hasn't been a single piece of heterosexual male clothing in Top Man since 2008. It's all aimed at the homosexual market these days.

£30 for a garment that falls to pieces in the wash within 3 months is extremely expensive IMO. You get better quality for a far cheaper price in Primark. Even Tesco has better quality clothing products than Top Man.

Also, there hasn't been a single piece of heterosexual male clothing in Top Man since 2008. It's all aimed at the homosexual market these days.

Spend 50-100 quid and get something tailored.

I do agree on that, like. Bought a polo there for £30 the other week and it's all floppy and dead thin (no penis jokes please). Finally something we agree on.

Topman < Next

Status
Not open for further replies.