Philip Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
All i know is the tool supports spurs who are one of our closest rivals in the prem at the moment, that in itself pisses me off as how can he have the best interests of the club, only lining his pocket whilst we tread water and lie about searching for finance.

All i know is the tool supports spurs who are one of our closest rivals in the prem at the moment, that in itself pisses me off as how can he have the best interests of the club, only lining his pocket whilst we tread water and lie about searching for finance.

Explain 'lining his pockets'. Thanks in advance.

I'm sure its been mentioned before, but the man is a bit of an enigma.
He supports Spurs, runs some successful clothing outlets and has apparently never invested a penny in the club, however he is rumoured and said to be heavily involved in the running of the football club, because he is pals with Bill. I seem to remember he was involved with Gregg's purchase of shares too.

Unfortunately the man isn't very desirable. He avoids tax, his company apparently indirectly employs foreign workers on pitiful wages - although don't all clothes shops? - and he is seemingly useless with the media, his one particularly memorable outburst regarding the Irish which he only apologised for to preserve the success of his brand in Ireland...

Does his involvement make anybody else a bit uneasy?

I hope you are aware that True Blue holdings is based in the Virgin Isles, which means that they avoid tax?

He's in an advisory role to Kenwright, a very rich and successful man - knows what he's doing.

In terms of stability, our club is there now - the board have achieved that with the help of people like PG.

It would seem that he views us as part of portfolio, an asset for selling, rather than something worth investing in.

It's business and legal but it makes me sad. Suppose we'll find it hard to strike the right balance with these bad capitalists.

His involvement, or supposed ownership, remains unsubstantiated. However there is more than a bit of 'smoke', if you like. A number of respected broadsheet newspapers, and possibly even the BBC? have all made reports insinuating that Phillip Green is the de facto owner of Everton Football Club.

Phillip Greens supposed ownership of EFC isn't beyond reasonable doubt IMO, but I believe that he is our de facto owner on the balance of probabilities.

Read that Green is an 'advisor' of Kenwright's and a good friend. He doesn't invest in the club despite his millions because he claims if he invests in Everton then Liverpool fans won't shop at his stores, meaning he's cutting off a potential market. If this is the genuine reason he is very business orientated.

Read that Green is an 'advisor' of Kenwright's and a good friend. He doesn't invest in the club despite his millions because he claims if he invests in Everton then Liverpool fans won't shop at his stores, meaning he's cutting off a potential market. If this is the genuine reason he is very business orientated.

If true that's absolutely ridiculous and so wrong.

I've heard that, but if they felt strongly enough to boycott his stores because of his Everton connection they'd already have enough reason and would have done so by now.

If true that's absolutely ridiculous and so wrong.

It's not true.

As if Phillip Green has been quoted as given reasoning as to why he doesn't invest in a football club that he supposedly has nothing to do with. And if he did, as if he would put forward this ridiculous notion of Liverpool fans potentially withdrawing their custom from Top Shop, Burton and Dorothy Perkins is what prevents him from investing in Everton.

He did put money into Spurs in the nineties, are we to assume gooners dont go to Burton's? I by-and-large support Bill but something is iffy, and definitely lacks transparency.

Status
Not open for further replies.