Dempsey anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports News â€￾@SkySportsNews
Fulham make formal complaint to Premier League over Liverpool's pursuit of Clint Dempsey #SSN

“We never speak about players coming in or going out,â€￾ he said. “We keep it to ourselves because we are not Manchester United.â€￾

I like Martin Jol.

What would Shanks have said?

Some thing deeply profound, that would then be immortalised and carved in stone or upon an iron gate for generations to revere ..Then emblazoned upon an over sized banner and waved furiously at the Kop End every home game ! :oops:

Most likely.

Did Jol really banish Dempsey to train with Fulhams youth team over the summer?

-The situation led to Fulham freezing Dempsey out of the squad, sending him to train with the club's youth team during preseason. -
-Jol also told media that it was his sole decision to keep Dempsey away from the squad beginning with the preseason training camp in Germany. -
-"I never said he's gone on strike," Jol said. "I was probably a bit naive, asking 'Clint, do you want to start?'. All he said was 'you know what I want' … After that it was very difficult to communicate. He was not committed to the team.-

The full article is down below.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/08/23/american-exports-fulham-accuse-liverpool-over-dempsey

Even I'm tired of talking about Dempsey now. He's not coming and he acted like a tit. Granted Jol did as well. He'll be back in Fulham's squad in 2 weeks and probably score 15 goals this season. Let's move on.

anyone think Moyes might hold back the transfer funds he's got so he could move for Dempsey in January when he'll only have 6 months left on his contract?

anyone think Moyes might hold back the transfer funds he's got so he could move for Dempsey in January when he'll only have 6 months left on his contract?

Dempsey has got to leave Fulham this window, as there's no way back for him there.

He's destined for the ****e, but I can see Fulham being extremely awkward over it, given that they have reported the ****e over tapping up.

Dempsey to Liverpool is a certainty.
Liverpool want to buy him cheap and Fulham want to sell him dear,ultimately he will probably be sold for a fee in the 6m-7m region which is a lot for a nearly thirty year old player with twelve months left on his contract.
I don't think Everton were ever in the equation because of the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.