Everton/Celtic or Everton/Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
henrik-larsson_505.jpg

Everton & only Everton. The Old Firm are an embarrasment to football. I view Rangers' current demise as "one down, one to go".

We originated from a Methodist Church.

We have a club Chaplain that is Protestant and have never had a catholic one.

We have an Anglican church in the corner of our ground.

My grandad was a freemason so doubt he would've followed a Catholic club.

Sir John Moores, DaveK says he didn't employ Catholics.

So I fail to see where this 'Catholic Club' tag came from tbh, I've always viewed it as a myth, and lets face it we don't want any of Glasgows shenanigans going on down here.

It's true. He was a cnut, even his own family hated him according to Barbara Clegg his biographer and neice.

He may have bankrolled Everton but he was a hare lipped gimp.

PS Everton had the Baxter dynasty of directors (of whom the sock puppet Jon Woods is a member of) all left footers...just to add balance.

We originated from a Methodist Church.

We have a club Chaplain that is Protestant and have never had a catholic one.

We have an Anglican church in the corner of our ground.

My grandad was a freemason so doubt he would've followed a Catholic club.

Sir John Moores, DaveK says he didn't employ Catholics.

So I fail to see where this 'Catholic Club' tag came from tbh, I've always viewed it as a myth, and lets face it we don't want any of Glasgows shenanigans going on down here.

It probably came from the fact that the large Irish immigration in Liverpool from around 100 years ago largely supported Everton, and this continued for many years after.

If ya know yer history like.

We had a few Irish players in the 50s and 60s and Liverpool didn't have any so we were the club of choice for the thousands of Irish immigrants. This meant that Liverpool were seen as 'Protestant' and us 'Catholic'. Even though the clubs were seen as linked with one of the two churches and in turn Old Firm clubs, there was never any serious religious divide. Liverpool probably had more Catholic fans than Protestant. Although the religious divide was nothing compared to the one in Glasgow it died out on Merseyside a long time ago - unfortunately the idiot supporters of both Old Firm clubs are stuck in the dark ages.

My 2nd team was always my pub team I played for 20 years ago. Today, its my veterans team.
Not much different than following a team in Scotland!
If I had to pick a Scottish team it would be Brechin City.
And I can never tell you why.

It probably came from the fact that the large Irish immigration in Liverpool from around 100 years ago largely supported Everton, and this continued for many years after.

If ya know yer history like.

Poppycock. If that had been the case then there would be something Irish intertwined in our history, which there isn't, none whatsoever.
Write yer own history like.

Poppycock. If that had been the case then there would be something Irish intertwined in our history, which there isn't, none whatsoever.
Write yer own history like.

Why would there be ? The club was founded by a Methodist as has been said. Who supported it is a completely different matter, and would not be intertwined with our history at all.

Why would there be ? The club was founded by a Methodist as has been said. Who supported it is a completely different matter, and would not be intertwined with our history at all.

So Everton is the single entity in the world that the Irish had an association with without leaving their 'stamp.'

Everything they touched bears their influence, so there would've been something.

It's as bad as all this scouse not English Bullshi​t that goes on.

So Everton is the single entity in the world that the Irish had an association with without leaving their 'stamp.'

Everything they touched bears their influence, so there would've been something.

It's as bad as all this scouse not English Bullshi​t that goes on.

But they had nothing to do with the foundation of the club, so how could they have left their 'stamp' ?

Like it or not, the immigrant population largely supported Everton rather than Liverpool. Historical fact. There are many football historians who will verify this. Whether or not this fact contributed to the 'Catholic club' tag is something you can choose to believe or not believe; I was merely suggesting an answer to your question which you have disparagingly rejected. Don't believe it if you don't want to.

Whenever Fulham/City/Chelsea/Arsenal etc. play in Europe nearly every flag/banner they take is an England one. Out of about 50 Everton banners/flags at Wembley I saw 3 England ones at most and saw at least 10 Irish ones. Is that not a 'stamp'?

EVERTON/CELTIC

HATE LIVERPOOL/RANGERS

PS. reidy, from my experience on here never has much good to say about anything irish. Just my opinion. Maybe a deep lying chip on his shoulder.mmmm

'And we hate Bill Shankley and we hate St John, most of all we hate Big Ron and we’ll hang the Kopites one by one, on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey. Oh to hell with Liverpool and Rangers too, throw them all in the Mersey and we’ll fight fight fight, with all our might for the boys in the Royal Blue jersey!'

^Anti-Rangers in one of our songs there?

Status
Not open for further replies.