Everton/Celtic or Everton/Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of the Old Firm clubs do Everton historicaly have the bigger link/affinity with.
The world and its mother knows about the Chelsea/Rangers link and the Man United/Celtic Link.

The fact that LFC was founded by an Orangeman and was originally seen as a "protestant club" in the early days also suggests we were, not so much a Catholic club, but more an....Irish club if you like given the citys Irish links etc.

To this day you often see Liverpool/Rangers scarves on the Kip and so on.

I am aware in our city we dont have a real sectarian divide of any depth thank God but growing up would you have had an affinity to either of the Old Firm.

My old lad is a Paddy so I always had a Celtic shirt as well as me Hafnia/NEC

What about you???

Everton-Everton mate.

A mate at school told me his cousin played for Arbroath. I'd never heard of them so looked them up and they have been my Scottish team for the last 46 years. In all that time they have won one trophy - the Scottish third division title I think. I could never resist it before the game when the street end shouted Rangers/Celtic or indeed Celtic/Rangers I'd wait till it stated to die down and scream ARBROATH. Sometimes got a laugh, usually not.

We originated from a Methodist Church.

We have a club Chaplain that is Protestant and have never had a catholic one.

We have an Anglican church in the corner of our ground.

My grandad was a freemason so doubt he would've followed a Catholic club.

Sir John Moores, DaveK says he didn't employ Catholics.

So I fail to see where this 'Catholic Club' tag came from tbh, I've always viewed it as a myth, and lets face it we don't want any of Glasgows shenanigans going on down here.

We originated from a Methodist Church.

We have a club Chaplain that is Protestant and have never had a catholic one.

We have an Anglican church in the corner of our ground.

My grandad was a freemason so doubt he would've followed a Catholic club.

Sir John Moores, DaveK says he didn't employ Catholics.

So I fail to see where this 'Catholic Club' tag came from tbh, I've always viewed it as a myth, and lets face it we don't want any of Glasgows shenanigans going on down here.

It's a Catholic club you union jack loving biff.

Everton/Winning trophies

Everton/Breaking records

Everton/Pukka Pies

These are the things which we should strive to group ourselves with. Keep religion-fuelled club-twinning out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.