Specific moments you wrote us off as relegated

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
2 times for me stand out.

After Burnley scored 2 late on to beat Watford. I've never been as gutted as this at another teams result. I stopped looking at Flashscore on 80 minutes for my blood pressure and then clocked the score at full time.

1704376698571.png

1704376719201.png

... we had Chelsea at home and Leicester away after that result which thank god we won.

... and another time was when Leicester got this penalty. We were brilliant in that first half, a fluke equaliser for them and Vardy capitalising on a Iwobi mistake had us very harshly trailing but was about to go into the break 3-1 down - Maddison scores this and that was curtains IMO.

So times you had us down as relegated?

As far as i think, i dont think ive ever wrote us off, and always stuck to thinking we would be ok when a lot were saying we were down. But for me the game v Chelsea in our 1-0 win at Goodison if we didnt win that would have had me a little worried - as defeat would have left us 5points behind or 4 behind (if a draw) with a game in hand - We then off course beat Leicester the following game - I never got people saying a draw v Chelsea at the time would be a good result as ive just said we still would have been 4points from saftety with 1 game in hand which doesnt auto mean a win, going into the final 3/4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.