Your Favourite Thing(s) This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The “alternate commentary” videos of the wins down the stretch. “And Ross Barkley claps when the plane lands” is the funniest line I can use here without getting banned.

My favourite things this season are extraordinarily multi-faceted. Sharing the story of Potty's homesickness with you all is a prominent memory and the deluge of PMs I received after I revealed the perils of tofu and its nefarious connection with man-boobs also stands out. @davek 's relentless and tireless investigation toward the unmasking of Farhad's carpetbagging intentions lent gravity to the season...as did the revelations that Blue Bill was hiring Qatari refugees and making them wear soiled ladies' undergarments, whilst denying them toilet breaks.. The lad who built a brick mini-stadium in his garden as a model for BMD also merits mention.

In summary...it's been a season rich in poignant moment. The togger itself has been a bit average, but the framing about that has been hilarious.

Thank you to all GOTers for the laughs. They say laughter keeps you young. Hanging about on GOT with you guys, has done a Benjamin Button on me.

Last edited:

Not looking like terrified rabbits caught in a headlight beam when we played Liverpool and Man U. Not having that waste of oxygen Allardyce associated with the club any more and seeing a bit of joined up footy that was a joy to watch.
Not a great season, but, there are promising signs there.

1) Actually beating top sides and playing dome good, attacking footie.
2) Digne, Gana, Bernard, Richy, Siggy, Zouma
3) Knowing that if we had kept Roons for 1 more season and rotated him with DCL, we would be playing European footie next season.

- The realization a couple of games after that extended break that we'd actually remembered how to defend.
- Bernard tearing people apart
- Gana turning into Messi for around 49 seconds ending in that through-ball to DCL at Cardiff
- Beating Chelsea, Arsenal and UTD
- Digne's new chant, his reaction and the relatively obscure track causing general confusion

the improvement at Goodison, the crowd reaction to it and the sirens, the derby, The Old Lady snarled like a proper footy ground. Loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.