Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit harsh with the Villa comments. Bolasie has said himself, he wasn't fit, and he and the club made the decision that 20 minute spells were all he could manage while he built back up. And tbh, I fully sympathise, as I did my ACL in 2017, and everything he says about the pain and what he had to go through, the confidence, the frustration, trying to reestablish the proprioception and balance, spring, and even flexion. I am almost 3 and a half years in, and even with a 9 months of hydrotherapy and nearly 2 years of physio, I still cannot straighten my leg and was unable to have a reconstruction as a result.

The fact that he has got back to the level he has, to continue to play at the highest level, is a testimemt to the incredible hard work he has put in, which I read at 1 point, included altering his entire running style to assist him. He may not be everyone's favourite player. I didn't particularly want us to sign him in the 1st place and we overpaid massively. But he had started OK, and that was cut short only 3 months in. I sympathise with him when he says, if people choose to judge him on those 3 months, then so be it. But he asked not to be judged on the performances under Allardyce, as he was simply nowhere near ready and feels he probably came back far too early.

Chances are, he will never have the same career that he hoped to have when he signed for us, and I do think it's unlikely that he will still be here by the end of his current deal, if not before. But if he has set himself the target of pulling on the blue shirt again, and his hard work and dedication gives him even the smallest of opportunities to try and impress 1 of the worlds best managers, then I for 1 won't begrudge him that, and I wish him all the luck.

Just for once, I would love for 1 of these injured, never to be seen again players actually make an unlikely comeback and become a success to the surprise of everyone. We have had such appealing luck with this sort of thing.

He would still probably offer us more than Bernard and Iwobi as well.
There is a human aspect to all of this that you have captured here. The injury robbed both him and Everton of several years of his career, maybe it all.
I wish him well, whatever his future holds.

Hearing that Ancelotti is intrigued at the prospect of playing both Bolasie and Richarlison in the same team and is prepared to sell Bernard for £12m in order to do so.

Ancelotti privately has said to his friends that he is 'impressed with his beats', musically.

Hearing that Ancelotti is intrigued at the prospect of playing both Bolasie and Richarlison in the same team and is prepared to sell Bernard for £12m in order to do so.

Ancelotti privately has said to his friends that he is 'impressed with his beats', musically.
I was wavering until I saw the Bernard bit.

Welcome home Yala

I believe all this apart from the £12 million for Bernard bit

It would be great if he came back and recaptured some of that Palace form. Imagine him and Richy tearing teams apart? We really need a quality attacker right sided player.

Then we really need to get rid of a load of average attacking right sided players.

Status
Not open for further replies.