What would u call BRAMLEY Moore docks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty damning that.
Didnt realise how prominent he was in the Slave trade, even after it was abolished.
By the same measure, if we have to change the name of the place called Bramley Moore Dock due to Slave links then we need to change the name of the whole f’in city itself, as it was also very strongly linked.
What shall we rename Liverpool then to hide or deny history?
ffs

Pretty damning that.
Didnt realise how prominent he was in the Slave trade, even after it was abolished.
Be hard pressed to find anywhere in Liverpool that doesn’t have some sort of a link to the slave trade, it’s a part of the city’s history. The city also supported the Southern US states seceding in the civil war. Would be a bad media move to name the Stadium after BM, the dock land will still be BMD anyway. Stadium should be club history related I reckon.

Be hard pressed to find anywhere in Liverpool that doesn’t have some sort of a link to the slave trade, it’s a part of the city’s history. The city also supported the Southern US states seceding in the civil war. Would be a bad media move to name the Stadium after BM, the dock land will still be BMD anyway. Stadium should be club history related I reckon.
Ok, I see the point, keep that part of history away from our club, I agree now not to calling it BMD. You could see a bit of a gaff going that way (slave stadium etc...) which some (cough, Kopites) could use to tarnish such a significant step.

By the same measure, if we have to change the name of the place called Bramley Moore Dock due to Slave links then we need to change the name of the whole f’in city itself, as it was also very strongly linked.
What shall we rename Liverpool then to hide or deny history?
ffs
I wasnt implying that at all.
I just didnt know the extent of his Slave association.

I'm well aware of the the city's past regarding the Slave trade and the support of the Confederate states.
Just didnt know how prominent a figure Bramley Moore was .
He really was knee deep in it.

It'll be named as of the sponsors such as we know The Emirates & The Etihad.

Status
Not open for further replies.