Victor Anichebe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the list of those proven wrong on Vic. It seems Vic was the big winner from other forwards getting healthy. Vic running for 90 minutes does us no good because he can't sustain his fastest or strongest moves. But for 30 minutes? An absolute nightmare for the opposition.

Well done by Moyes to find him a niche.

I agree that he is a talent. He ticks all the boxes.

He is young
He is big
He is strong (unlike crouch) although I can't recall him ever scoring a header?!
He is quick
He is a finisher
He has a good attitude

Currently IMO the most exciting young striker in the Prem, what value on VIC?

I disagree. I must admit that his goal yesterday was great and he showed great determination and speed to create that goal on his own. However until he able to play a full game and contribute I'm not convinced about him. The ball jumps to easily off him and he seems a moody player. With our abundance of strikers he'll only be used as a super-sub.

We would only get 3-4 m. for him I think - I would not want to sell him though, as I hope he can prove me wrong.

I like Vic and he is effective but I would say Vaughan excites me more. He looks the complete package.

They could both turn out [Poor language removed] a la Branch/Cadamarteri. But with Baxter/Juzasluwehgwekfugwef/Agard and that coming through it looks sound for strikers.

We need to spew our money in Janurary on a good central midfielder though, I would be Appiah if we got that cat from Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.