The 1985 European Cup Winners Cup road to victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stayed in Den Hague and went the match with 7 or 8 mates all a bit tipsy sporting a stinking headache. Only one winner in Rotterdam. Feel the footage didn't do the atmosphere justice. Sounds all muffled on TV whereas the atmosphere was electric and noisy. The lower tiers make it look like not many there but I assure you the upper tiers were absolutely chocker. Great performance then on our way back to Den Hague to a local boozer. They had to get more crates of booze in to accomodate our celebration and a good old night of celebration and singing old Football songs. We decided to get some produce that was advertised on the black board behind the bar to go with our crates of beer long into the early morning when we had to leave on instruction of the police......peacefully of course. The memory will stay forever. We felt we would have gone on to lift the European cup the next season and despite Evertonians being praised by the local police for our impeccable behaviour the fans and team were robbed of possible European domination by the events a week later.

Went on a charra from man Island with my old fella. Was no more than a single dekka bus. Stayed in Ostend then travelled to the game. Then back to Ostend then on the ale till about 7.30 the following morning then had to be back at the hotel cause the coach was leaving for home. Wouldn't of missed it for the world. Atmosphere in Ostend was amazing singing dancing on tables etc. Happy days. Not only had we won our first European trophy but we all knew the sleeping giant had awoke from its slumber and we were gonna be a force for years to come. Sadly not to be.

I went to every game that season home and away, including every round of the cup winners cup. A total of 63 matches. Great memories.
A couple of my mate’s pictures from Sittard
194AA23F-40F7-4009-B9E2-6717AF832AB9.jpeg
CE433C96-00D9-4EB5-9770-7363DD78C296.jpeg

Went to the final on the special from Lime St. Just a magical trip with so many memories.......Ostend on the way back was the best party ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.