Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I think he could play the role that Doucoure does and offer much more going forward, but I'm not sure he has the mentality to come back and win over the fans who blame him for the way he left.
I disagree. He's a much more mature player. His problem was that he never imposed himself on a whole game even though we knew he had the talent.

Of course his off-field exploits are another thing.

Imagine 3 R's. Rodriguez, Richarlison, Ross next season. Infact make it 4 throw in a Romelu. Blow Dyche's mind.

1715702708179.jpeg

I dont think he wpuld sign, and im not sure many would be too happy... tarnished

But dont dpibt he would be am upgrade on what we have, sadly.
The most vociferous fans are - as is the case at all clubs - idiots.
It's the great trap of football fandom, the more invested you are, the more detrimental you are to the team because it becomes about all about you.
I don't disagree that loads will be unhappy, but by any objective metric he improves our team. Even with his mistakes, his inconsistencies, and his general unlikeability, he would improve our midfield so dramatically compared to the current black hole that exists there.
We have no money and are so unappealing to genuinely talented players - if Barkley can be convinced to come in on a reasonable contract then that's great.
Any fan that isn't willing to suspend their grudge against Barkley in exchange for better preserving club's premier league status for at least another season is an idiot.

The most vociferous fans are - as is the case at all clubs - idiots.
It's the great trap of football fandom, the more invested you are, the more detrimental you are to the team because it becomes about all about you.
I don't disagree that loads will be unhappy, but by any objective metric he improves our team. Even with his mistakes, his inconsistencies, and his general unlikeability, he would improve our midfield so dramatically compared to the current black hole that exists there.
We have no money and are so unappealing to genuinely talented players - if Barkley can be convinced to come in on a reasonable contract then that's great.
Any fan that isn't willing to suspend their grudge against Barkley in exchange for better preserving club's premier league status for at least another season is an idiot.
I dont think not wanting him back, grudge or otherwise makes fans idiots. At luton the pressure is off him to an extent. To come back here with the history he has and the greater expectation to perform will make it harder for him. 2 or 3 bad games and it could all go terribly toxic in the stands which could impact the confidence of the whole team not just him. Id swerve him myself.