Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Pickford would be an upgrade for Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea, Spurs or Newcastle (!). I don't think he goes, I don't think he's bothered about going, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's interest, particularly if he has a successful Euros.
You see I totally agree that he would be. But do they think that? I talk to their fans and they don’t see the need. Fans don’t make the calls I guess. But I’d be gutted if he left. He’s our best player by a large margin and has kept us afloat for years

You see I totally agree that he would be. But do they think that? I talk to their fans and they don’t see the need. Fans don’t make the calls I guess. But I’d be gutted if he left. He’s our best player by a large margin and has kept us afloat for years
Of those I can't imagine United or Arsenal would be blind to their need for a better keeper after a string of errors from the current ones. And it sounds like Chelsea would be in the market. I don't believe he'll go but financial factors will dictate. If the links to Southgate come to fruition United could be a likely destination, particularly as he seems to be settled in the North West.

I've had an idea how to get round the PSR rules this year and wonder if it would work. Let's say we're £20M over the cap and Forest are also over. Couldn't Everton and Forest each sell a player to the other for something like that amount. If they're the players with low residual fees then both teams bank the fee as a profit. It moves the problem down the road but with PSR going that doesn't matter. It can be structured to not affect cash flow since the payments cancel out. Can anyone think of anything wrong with this?

I've had an idea how to get round the PSR rules this year and wonder if it would work. Let's say we're £20M over the cap and Forest are also over. Couldn't Everton and Forest each sell a player to the other for something like that amount. If they're the players with low residual fees then both teams bank the fee as a profit. It moves the problem down the road but with PSR going that doesn't matter. It can be structured to not affect cash flow since the payments cancel out. Can anyone think of anything wrong with this?
No I think that is plausible, I've been thinking we might see deals like that when there's a number of clubs that need to sell by June 30th for PSR. If you sell on June 30 the full profit goes on that year's books, whereas if you buy on June 30th only a small fraction of the fee is amortised onto the books for that year. So that would be a mutually beneficial arrangement for both sides.

No I think that is plausible, I've been thinking we might see deals like that when there's a number of clubs that need to sell by June 30th for PSR. If you sell on June 30 the full profit goes on that year's books, whereas if you buy on June 30th only a small fraction of the fee is amortised onto the books for that year. So that would be a mutually beneficial arrangement for both sides.
Let's hope they're looking into it! Just need to sell them someone we want rid of though.

Danjuma was a completely brainless loan signing.

Panic buy for sure given the failed attempt to get him in Jan 2023. However I think people are forgetting how bad the striker situation was last pre season. DCL was out all pre season so understandably people were incredibly sceptical he was going to play much and Beto wasn't even signed until late August. McNeill also picked up injury and wasn't available until September, same for Harrison so the attacking options were very thin so that's why Danjuma was signed.

As I've always said with the small squad thing it's remarkable how few long term injuries this squad suffered this season. Only game Branthwaite missed once he broke in was Burnley away suspended so him and Tarks was indestructible as combination. Branth is sold and his replacement is more injury prone and that's where Keane and whoever else is left is going to be needed much more.

I always say the perfect case study is half time v Liverpool. Myko has to come off. Let's say Young is released and there's no real LB cover, what do you do? It's o.k saying stuff like shift Godfrey there or move McNeill back but then you're having to swop 2-3 players around the pitch against high quality opposition.

I'd much rather have likes of Gana/Young remaining up to January with their experience and know how at this level.

I wrote hes 4th choice. There probably should be 4 ahead of him though.

He needs to retire.

Thats all well and good but those arent the facts. The facts were twofold, the first part I posted and the second is Sean Dyche doesnt rotate.

He did rotate in the xmas period given Gomes and Keane were coming in for starts so that is certainly a period where injuries (Doucs) and suspensions begin to happen so you need a 20 man squad for that period.