Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Was just bored there and decided to look back on our squads when we were still fairly decent. It's absolutely mad how, out of so many of the young-ish players we've had over the years, how few of them actually make it anywhere near the top level. Our scouting must've been legitimately the worst of all time or something because literally looking at since like 2016 or so we've got like a single player who was ever worth more than we paid and that's Lookman currently.

The other way to look at it is after Stones and outside of Richarlison (since we didn't make much on that) or Gordon (who forced our hands and being honest wasn't even that good for us) we've genuinely barely produced a player from the academy or even coached one to be remotely valuable either on the pitch or for our finances, Branthwaite is now the only one, and it looks fairly empty aside from him too when looking at other future prospects.

It's very bizarre because it very much "feels" like we're a great club for young players, but they're all just so bad, we desperately need Thelwell to spend a bit of money in the summer bringing in some elite young talent and building them up, I'm not saying we should be eager to sell our academy players, but it's no wonder we're in the financial state we're in when we basically cannot profit on selling players as at most you're making maybe £10m-£15m more on what you paid for them.

With just Holgate & Maupay back we'd have a squad of 26 players. "Losing" the 6 mentioned puts us onto 20 players.

17 players were used for 500+ league mins this season.

We certainly dont need to replace the 6 outgoing players mentioned numbers wise or position wise. We could actually bin off 14 players and 6-8 replacements would be more than enough.
I don't think many would be enthused about the return of Holgate and Maupay... including the players I think.

If, as you suggest we did get rid of 14 players and replaced them with eight then we simply would not have a squad big enough to get us through a season.

I don't know if it was luck or good management but we were lucky this season generally regarding injuries, that may not always be the case.

Trying to integrate up to eight new players into a squad would be a nightmare for any manager. Koeman tried it and failed miserably.
I think we will retain some of the eight being mentioned and add maybe four depending on finances and if any young academy players are deemed ready.

I don't think many would be enthused about the return of Holgate and Maupay... including the players I think.

If, as you suggest we did get rid of 14 players and replaced them with eight then we simply would not have a squad big enough to get us through a season.

I don't know if it was luck or good management but we were lucky this season generally regarding injuries, that may not always be the case.

Trying to integrate up to eight new players into a squad would be a nightmare for any manager. Koeman tried it and failed miserably.
I think we will retain some of the eight being mentioned and add maybe four depending on finances and if any young academy players are deemed ready.
We used 25 players this season.

We are very lucky that players like Tarks and Pickford never got injured.

Players.jpg

We have 26 players, remove 14 = 12.

Bring in 8 new players = 20.

Thats big enough.

Was just bored there and decided to look back on our squads when we were still fairly decent. It's absolutely mad how, out of so many of the young-ish players we've had over the years, how few of them actually make it anywhere near the top level. Our scouting must've been legitimately the worst of all time or something because literally looking at since like 2016 or so we've got like a single player who was ever worth more than we paid and that's Lookman currently.

The other way to look at it is after Stones and outside of Richarlison (since we didn't make much on that) or Gordon (who forced our hands and being honest wasn't even that good for us) we've genuinely barely produced a player from the academy or even coached one to be remotely valuable either on the pitch or for our finances, Branthwaite is now the only one, and it looks fairly empty aside from him too when looking at other future prospects.

It's very bizarre because it very much "feels" like we're a great club for young players, but they're all just so bad, we desperately need Thelwell to spend a bit of money in the summer bringing in some elite young talent and building them up, I'm not saying we should be eager to sell our academy players, but it's no wonder we're in the financial state we're in when we basically cannot profit on selling players as at most you're making maybe £10m-£15m more on what you paid for them.

Just in the current team we have Pickford (signed at 22/23), Branthwaite, Onana & DCL ?

As you mentioned, theres been Gordon, Stones and Richarlison as well plus we brought in Lukaku, Kean and Vlasic as young players we sold for profit.

I see a return of Everloan this Summer.

Remember we got Barry, Deulofeu and Lukaku all in on loan the same window. A repeat of that would go a long way!
Looking very much like Loans and Frees will be the MO this window at this point.

Onana and Branners will be sold to finish the Stadium and pay for Beto and Chermo.

Prove me wrong Everton.

Who in the right mind will believe 20 players squad is enough to do well in a full season? FM fantasy stuff.
Careful now.

A certain poster gets quite angry when you question his utterly warped logic.

But as ive said, we have to name 20 players each Premier League match day, so entering a Season with 20 players would probably be a very bad idea.