Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Neither DCL or Beto (with these tactics) are repeatedly creating and scoring goals themselves. We need that centre forward who doesnt solely rely on others.

Definitely need more players to develop and I think if we had a Chermiti profile wide player that could be developed to 'replace' Richarlison we'd be doing well.

That was the value of Lukaku. Could create for himself and was so dangerous that others were open too. Everton needs to start doing a lot better with their Academy or get some personnel guys that can find young talent in the less obvious leagues around the world to ever see that level of production again.

Neither DCL or Beto (with these tactics) are repeatedly creating and scoring goals themselves. We need that centre forward who doesnt solely rely on others.

Definitely need more players to develop and I think if we had a Chermiti profile wide player that could be developed to 'replace' Richarlison we'd be doing well.

That was the value of Lukaku. Could create for himself and was so dangerous that others were open too. Everton needs to start doing a lot better with their Academy or get some personnel guys that can find young talent in the less obvious leagues around the world to ever see that level of production again.

But to defend myself against wild accusations.

Here is how you search for which outlet has a story first without reading the story.

First of you all you search for a subject, using Google.

Then, when the search loads up, you can check which outlet had the story first and which of the other outlets jumped on top of the story after it was published.

ghghhhh.jpg

Very helpful for determining whether transfer rumours are solid or just clickbait.

*spoiler, 99% are clickbait.

The signing of Chermiti is looking like being a smart one.

So many posters complained about 'wasting' £12mil but in the end as weve backended the payments weve seen his development from the signing to now.

Yes its taken a long time for Dyche to play him more but perhaps he needed that time.

We need to do the same across the 11 and bring in these development players. Whether its the Chermiti, DCL or Branthwaite pathways it doesnt matter.

Makes more sense to me than splashing out massive wages on short term stopgaps like Young -- without having a young player developing behind them.

Apart from off-field matters, and maybe even including them, our most important aim is to avoid relegation next season.

I think we will do that easily if we hang on to Branthwaite, Onana and Pickford, but probably not if we sell them.

We've got a lot of money coming in soon and we just need to keep next season's spending down to around 70 million.

We'll sell a few others including high earners which will mean more income and less going out on wages, which is prabably
our biggest problem.

Bring players in where needed, but don't spend an amount that will keep us in trouble with PSR.

We don't have a major sponsor right now, but that should be sorted when we get a new owner, which is bound to happen eventually.

Edit. I'll have to re-think and revise that 70 million, but we can't afford to lose any money.

Assuming that the general consensus is that we’d like the footba to evolve under Dyche we will need a player to put his foot on the ball whilst also being physical as the matters a non negotiable for Everton and the manager.

Barkley fits the profile and is available. He’s flourished at Luton because he’s the main man like he was when he was with us.

We will probably have to be quite ruthless with some players who’ve helped us this year but this is elite sport

The signing of Chermiti is looking like being a smart one.

So many posters complained about 'wasting' £12mil but in the end as weve backended the payments weve seen his development from the signing to now.

Yes its taken a long time for Dyche to play him more but perhaps he needed that time.

We need to do the same across the 11 and bring in these development players. Whether its the Chermiti, DCL or Branthwaite pathways it doesnt matter.

Makes more sense to me than splashing out massive wages on short term stopgaps like Young -- without having a young player developing behind them.

These kind of signings are actually low risk high reward. Most young players even if they don't kick on you can offload for same price you bought at even if it doesn't work out. But if they do kick on, the upside is pretty huge.

The only issue is that 12mill is alot for everton and for players not directly slotting into the squad immediately. But that's a club issue unrelated to the fact that buying talented youngsters should have been the way forwards for us

Assuming that the general consensus is that we’d like the footba to evolve under Dyche we will need a player to put his foot on the ball whilst also being physical as the matters a non negotiable for Everton and the manager.

Barkley fits the profile and is available. He’s flourished at Luton because he’s the main man like he was when he was with us.

We will probably have to be quite ruthless with some players who’ve helped us this year but this is elite sport
Shouldn't we be looking for a younger option, he is 30, and still seems to take the wrong decision (run/pass/cross/shoot) too often.

He really doesn't. He won't do the 'hard yards' that Dyche wants players to do nor the defensive side of things, it's been an issue with Luton at times, also gives the ball away quite a bit and we have enough players who do that already. Great passer of a ball but we don't really do that so unless we are going for a philosophy change I don't see it.

….i put Barkley in the Gomes category. Provide quality with the ball but very little without it. I’ve never been a Barkley fan but I’ve praised him this season for his consistency and application at Luton, he’s been terrific for them.

Never noticed the exchange at the end with Beto which some lip readers suggested he said, “I’m coming back”, it seems strange he’d say that to a player he doesn’t know and who has limited English but I wouldn’t totally be against it happening (total u-turn from me).

….i put Barkley in the Gomes category. Provide quality with the ball but very little without it. I’ve never been a Barkley fan but I’ve praised him this season for his consistency and application at Luton, he’s been terrific for them.

Never noticed the exchange at the end with Beto which some lip readers suggested he said, “I’m coming back”, it seems strange he’d say that to a player he doesn’t know and who has limited English but I wouldn’t totally be against it happening (total u-turn from me).
Cartagena was insinuating it too in comms. I'm all for it. Nearly choked when I realised he's 30 though. Mainly as I just dunno where the time has gone since he made his debut 😩

Yes, and apart from that Barkley was viewed from side on and you could only see his lips moving from that side. I think a lipreader
would need to view it from the very front of his face.