Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Adams and Iheanacho are out of contract. I wouldn't be surprised if we go for Adams as a replacement for Danjuma/Harrison as a player who can play across the front line.

Outs:
Gomes - £100k+ & not played enough.
Coleman - Retirement?
Young - We have to find a replacement.
Lonergan - Retirement.
Dele - £100k+ & not played enough.
Danjuma - Not a Dyche man.

Onana - I think the writing is on the wall for him and us. He wants to move on and he is a cash-cow for us. It makes the most sense to cash in especially with a Euros on the way. We have to look at £60m+.

Maupey - I think he had done enough for Brentford and hopefully they take the option for him.

Holgate - Not a Dyche man and having 2 loan this season. Last year for his contract so out on loan again or sell/free.

Branthwaite - The Golden Goose. I pray we get a takeover before we have to sell but I think our past is still haunting us. The boy is a star and a £80m+ if he goes to The Euros, I think we could get £100m. I think the lad would stay because of his age and he is a first choice starter in the Premier League but we are a disaster financially so I think it's happening but I hope we don't get low-balled.

If Dyche is such a good manager we shouldn’t have to just keep bringing in ancient freebies to stay in this league.

At some point you will have to start implementing a plan to gradually move us up the table.
I'm surprised the full list of out of contract players hasn't been listed multiple times with every man linked.

We've had Ndidi & Adams... time for Rabiot, Jorginho and Martial.

If Dyche is such a good manager we shouldn’t have to just keep bringing in ancient freebies to stay in this league.

At some point you will have to start implementing a plan to gradually move us up the table.
I'm sure we won't. We brought in a 19y old, 25, 26, 26 and a 38y old last year at the time we got them. So pretty much every span of age. I know not all of them have played a bigger role this season. But it's sure with possible leavings we need to replace leadership as well (Coleman, Gueye, Young) and can't get young players in only. Also, the budget won't allow us to spend much, so need to rely on free transfers and loans for good wages (hopefully a bit younger than Young. Ofc, we should pay fees for 10m+ on younger players mainly.

The average of our starting 11 has been 27.13 (Standing End of March), with Young increasing this number highly. Funnily we won our 3 games with the highest average age this season (Forest, Newcastle, Burnley all h (29-29,3).

So of our players getting 1000+ min in prem.

5 are 30 or older (Pickford, Tarks, Young, Doucs, Gueye)

3 are 25-30 (DCL, Harrison, Godfrey)

6 are younger than 25 (Patterson, McNeil, Mykolenko, Onana, Branthwaite, Garner).

I'm not happy with picking Young (9th) so often, but on the other hand, Dyche does also play younger players a lot with McNeil, Mykolenko, Onana, Branthwaite, Garner especially, as 4 of them are in the top 6 getting most minutes (others are Pickford and Tarks) and Onana is 11th.

U21 players haven't played a big role that's clear apart from Branthwaite with Chermiti, Dobbin and Onyango having 367 min in total together.

Wait, you think it's Dyche's fault we've had to resort to that sort of signing?

Oh I'm sorry, were you the under the impression someone like Ashley Young was recommended to him by Thelwell?
Whoever it was would have been given a budget to work with and he must of fit. Like the ex wolves lb a couple seasons ago. I would like to see a mix of players for me we need to be looking at getting a starting rb, then when you look at lb agree young is on to much money and his age is against him plus feel we could get more getting an actual lb/rb or even a winger. Would be after that taylor at burnley for a backup lb

Oh I'm sorry, were you the under the impression someone like Ashley Young was recommended to him by Thelwell?

Not at all, but I was under the impression that we had no money to spend whatsoever and that signings like Young were stopgap measures in that

If you know better than me that there's money to spend to allow us to start buying players with an eye on the future, I defer to your greater wisdom

WHO is buying Doucoure for £10m? lol lol lol
200.gif