Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

They spent a whole summer chasing Gueye, over a year chasing Danjuma.

The club is incapable of multitasking.

If we did nothing then 8 players are out of contract:

Dele
Gomes
Lonergan
Danjuma
Harrison
Gana
Coleman
Young

To sell
Maupay: Brentford
Keane: Difficult to shift
Godfrey: Should be able to sell
Holgate: Sell to Sheff Utd
Doucoure: Sell to Saudi/Turkey
Beto
DCL

I dont see it as being impossible to sell / shift out 7 players...we'd fall short on a couple but the majority would be sellable

In the first 11 if we were to proceed next season with:

Pickford
Mykolenko Branthwaite Tarkowski Patterson
Onana
Garner New Player
New Player New Player New player

I think most of us would be happy.

The amount of wages out the door as well as fees coming in for others should help us massively.

Squad may be a bit light but quality over quantity.

Only 17 players have played more than 5 games worth of minutes.

I think your question is flawed...

"In what world would any club keep"
Coleman
Young
Holgate
Keane
Godfrey
Gomes
Doucoure
Harrison
Danjuma
Beto
DCL
Lonergan
Gana
Maupay
Dele

Id like to see you back yourself here and make a case for why the club should keep each of these players.

The wage bill needs cutting. The first 11 needs improving and the squad needs a total gutting.

Yes i remember they were in for him. He was someone i mentioned while he was with Sporting.

I think with Barcelona and Bayern interested we should be looking for young players to be included in any deal if we cant persuade him to stay.
Branthwaite and Onana will be gone. We need the funds for rebuild. There is no way to do it otherwise. Heavily in debt, the new owners if its its meant to 777 are a bunch of charlatans from where I sit, and won't be investing their monies, as I don't believe they have any.

We do need to get rid of those.on ridiculous wages though. Harrison isn't someone I'd be investing in either. I don't think he is good enough.

Bigger problem is, we won't have a huge turnover of players either, I expect most will be here next season.

We shouldn't keep them but who's stupid enough (apart from us) to buy them?

Sheff Utd took Holgate on loan, likewise Brentford with Maupay i expect both to sign permanently.

We sold Iwobi and Gray for actual money.

There is no case you utter numpty.

The entire squad is turbo gash. But we ain’t selling half the squad in one window because this ain’t fifa or whatever other game you play

I have never once said we should sell half the squad bobo.

Not once.

I think Young gets another 12 months personally. Started plenty in the first half of the season. Now coming on as sub to see out games/ win penalties.

If anything Patterson will be the one offered around clubs as doing his career no good (given how bad he was for Scotland in the last match) just stuck behind two players about to draw their pension and never playing.

Gana a probable aswell, Doucoure still under contract so he'll be here next season up to January
Young played because of dyche , not because he should have. Going off that, will we sign Harrison and does Godfrey get a new deal, as this manager seems to like them as well.

You’ve said it loads of times Zat.

There are 25 players in the squad.

8 will be out of contract leaving 17.

Of the 17 i would be trying to sell 7.

This leaves 10. We would need 9 replacements.

Of the 9 one would be Tyrer, another Mills.

This would mean 15 players out.
2 players promoted to the first team
7 new signings required to take the squad to 19.

Incidentally, only 17 players have had over 5 games worth of minutes this season.

So this equates to 7 sales + 7 new signings.

If we cant sell 7 then there would be less than 7 new signings.

Pretty straightforward.

Not seeing anything where im selling half the squad.

There are 25 players in the squad.

8 will be out of contract leaving 17.

Of the 17 i would be trying to sell 7.

This leaves 10. We would need 9 replacements.

Of the 9 one would be Tyrer, another Mills.

This would mean 15 players out.
2 players promoted to the first team
7 new signings required to take the squad to 19.

Incidentally, only 17 players have had over 5 games worth of minutes this season.

So this equates to 7 sales + 7 new signings.

If we cant sell 7 then there would be less than 7 new signings.

Pretty straightforward.

15 players leaving is over half the squad Zat.

Semantics, you’ve still advocated getting rid of half of the squad. It’s not realistic, it’s a sunny day plan.

Its not "semantics" is it?

If 8 players on inflated wages with low ability levels are out of contract what do you do?

Keep them? Madness.

The players i would sell should be able to generate enough funds where the wages saved overall + fees give us enough for 7 players.

Its not "semantics" is it?

If 8 players on inflated wages with low ability levels are out of contract what do you do?

Keep them? Madness.

The players i would sell should be able to generate enough funds where the wages saved overall + fees give us enough for 7 players.
The only people who are getting sold are Onana and Branthwaite

Sorry to ruin Christmas for you

Young played because of dyche , not because he should have. Going off that, will we sign Harrison and does Godfrey get a new deal, as this manager seems to like them as well.

Godfrey will still be around next season even with no deal offered.

Harrison I think Leeds just wanted to cut costs especially if this rumour the club are paying 75% of his wages are true so I think he probably just goes back there to be a squad player as no chance I'd be paying 20m to sign him permanently as that would be a big waste of a decent amount of the summer budget.