Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Issue with needing to sell for cash flow reasons is that deals will need to be structured with very front loaded payment terms to see us through summer, which will weaken our bargaining power in terms of the total fee, which will exacerbate the PSR problems. 🔄

Hopefully someone with half a brain at the club will work out the PSR implications of lower player sale profits (due to the above issue) versus the interest costs of just loaning our way through the summer via these sharks that are offering us credit, or until the debt is restructured. We are going to get low-balled on offers for players, but the announcements will be careful to say “fee could rise as high as…” based on criteria that will never be met, to spare our blushes.
In terms of timings I thought that we'd borrowed enough to make August which should then see the TV money come in. If we're ok for PSR this cycle we could wait to sell in order to maximise price. We'll still need to sell though.

What did Man. United pay to sign Maguire from Leicester.

That's your benchmark right there. Should not be accepting anything less.
85m wasn't it? Six years ago?

Must be at least 110-120m now.

I’d feel so deflated if It was anything less than 85m with add ons or players coming our way, either on loan or transfer, and I don’t mean slab head!

The club need to hold firm on this one, Onana will go on to be a big player, JB will go on to be a generation talent.

If we could hold on to him for another year, his value would rocket further.

85m wasn't it? Six years ago?

Must be at least 110-120m now.

I’d feel so deflated if It was anything less than 85m with add ons or players coming our way, either on loan or transfer, and I don’t mean slab head!

The club need to hold firm on this one, Onana will go on to be a big player, JB will go on to be a generation talent.

If we could hold on to him for another year, his value would rocket further.
id quite like Wan-Bissaka as part of any deal, think he'd be a very good full back in a dyche system

agree though, under that fee and I think weve been done

their should be a lot of clubs interested though, if I was Branthwaite I wouldnt touch United at all, could ruin his career that

The point is , as made eloquently by other posters , this isn't just about making a sale to bring us within PSR , it's in large part to stave off the threat of administration and enable us to continue trading during the summer when we have no income.

Ideally we sit on our best assets until we get the highest bid or until the market improves. Sadly we don't have that luxury.
TBH I don't really accept that argument. The argument that the funds could be used to help pay for the new stadium would make more sense to me.

Administration is a disaster for everyone but from a financial point of view a total disaster for Moshiri. I think Moshiri is clinging still to 777 because it gives him personally the best opportunity of getting money out of Everton.
I think other parties may be taking a harder line with him.
Relegation for Everton now is nearly as bad as administration because we have the cost of the new stadium around our necks.
Yes, We can sell Branthwaite, Onana, DCL and Pickford but unless they are properly replaced then we face definite relegation and the cost of paying for the stadium on a Championship income.
I also think Dyche would walk.

We absolutely have to stay in the Premiership, that at least gives us access to huge pots of money.
We are already getting our wage cost back to a more sustainable level.
Hopefully our new owners are able to market the club properly rather than rely almost completely on the money from one silent owner.

id quite like Wan-Bissaka as part of any deal, think he'd be a very good full back in a dyche system

their should be a lot of clubs interested though, if I was Branthwaite I wouldnt touch United at all, could ruin his career that

AWB is a wet dream for Dyche. Offers very little going forward but generally excellent one on one with a quick winger. However don't Palace keep getting mentioned so given their recent form under Glasner he'd choose them if there's serious interest. Would've said West Ham aswell but Moyes leaving perhaps changes that.

AWB is a wet dream for Dyche. Offers very little going forward but generally excellent one on one with a quick winger. However don't Palace keep getting mentioned so given their recent form under Glasner he'd choose them if there's serious interest. Would've said West Ham aswell but Moyes leaving perhaps changes that.

AWB wouldn't suit Glasner's system where attacking wing backs are required. He'd be great for Dyche, but he probably earns far more than we could consider paying.

I'd actually give Virginia a proper chance if Pickford leaves.

Small sample size but I was happy with what I saw from him in the cups this season. Whether it would translate to 30 games in a league season I don't know but he is 25 in October so he'll be wanting to play regular football sooner or later.

Obviously sign an experience keeper as backup like Begovic to come in if he has a dip in form.

Been impressed with Virginia this season.

Perfect for dyche,
Because he can’t pass or control a football,
But can defend. If he’s on a free and is happy with about 10k a week fine, but imagine spending money on him

I think getting those types is all but impossible we got them because we were the best of the rest and a very appealing prospect to join at the time which is not the case now. The Moyes model is the one they need to try and repeat - signing unheralded players on the cheap and getting the most out of average players already in the squad.

Think everyone will be surprised in regards to transfer fees this summer.