Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bale would want 300k, Ramsey not far off that either. Perhaps we don't care about FFP and will just pay the fines?

I think footballers will have to reduce wages. Even if it's just for a season. He's on 300k. I think e could get close to £150k fairly comfortably. So either a 50% reduction, or Real having to pay some of the difference could be an option either way.

Look a 2 year loan deal, where say the club pay £5-10m per year as a fee and agree to cover his wage sup to £8m per year (so a total package of around £30m) could be doable. You load it all on at the front where FFP is cancelled.

As for Ramsay it's harder. He has higher wages and a longer contract, while Juventus would want to make money on the deal. In the context we are in though, with potentially collapsing wages and prices, deals that weren't doable become an option.

If I am Moshiri, part of me is thinking we get those 3 lads in and people start to take notice. You hope to clear off some of the dross (and hope the entire league agree say a 30% wage cut to make room) and get the 3 lads on the cheap. Add in Koulibaly and Allan (again on much reduced packages) and if Ancelotti gets them close to their best, as a 5 we could be competing at the top end.

I think footballers will have to reduce wages. Even if it's just for a season. He's on 300k. I think e could get close to £150k fairly comfortably. So either a 50% reduction, or Real having to pay some of the difference could be an option either way.

Look a 2 year loan deal, where say the club pay £5-10m per year as a fee and agree to cover his wage sup to £8m per year (so a total package of around £30m) could be doable. You load it all on at the front where FFP is cancelled.

As for Ramsay it's harder. He has higher wages and a longer contract, while Juventus would want to make money on the deal. In the context we are in though, with potentially collapsing wages and prices, deals that weren't doable become an option.

If I am Moshiri, part of me is thinking we get those 3 lads in and people start to take notice. You hope to clear off some of the dross (and hope the entire league agree say a 30% wage cut to make room) and get the 3 lads on the cheap. Add in Koulibaly and Allan (again on much reduced packages) and if Ancelotti gets them close to their best, as a 5 we could be competing at the top end.

I thought Bale is on 600k though?

I thought Bale is on 600k though?

I went into google and it said 300k (euros) p/w. Apologies this looks to be after tax. So yes probably 600k Euro's p/w. If his wage packet was halved then you're looking at around £275l p/w as it stands. Very difficult, but not completely unfeasible. But yes, very challenging, I had misread.

I think we could conceivably get to £200k p/w, and pay a decent loan fee. Whether RM would accept, who knows?

If FFP goes we wouldn't. I think both Juventus and Madrid players would have to agree a 50% cut to make either Bale or Ramsay realistic, (or their clubs accept we pay half their wages). Essentially I can see a world where we can pay Bale up to 150k and potentially Ramsay up to 200k p/w. James is on around 130k, so if he's available at say the 65-70k p/w option it could be feasible as well.

Mossier clearly wants to make a big statement. Can you imagine if those 3 rolled in.
James is on damn close to 300k/week

If you could get them on loan like you say, it could work. I wouldn’t want to pay a fee for them and juve will probably want money for Ramsey, who’s 30 in October and his last year at Arsenal he wasn’t great, not watched him for Juve

Now Bale is a different level to Ramsey, and however unlikely it is, If he cost us 30/35mil for a 2 year loan, that’s a great deal imo.

I think my mistake with him and Bale is to count the after tax salary, so yes would probably have to double both figures. James is very doable if wages are reduced, Bale would need a fair bit of work.

No way are we paying £70million for James though!
He only has a year left I think, and Madrid have been trying to get rid for a few years. And he can negotiate a free transfer in January. So I think they would except 30mil

I went into google and it said 300k (euros) p/w. Apologies this looks to be after tax. So yes probably 600k Euro's p/w. If his wage packet was halved then you're looking at around £275l p/w as it stands. Very difficult, but not completely unfeasible. But yes, very challenging, I had misread.

I think we could conceivably get to £200k p/w, and pay a decent loan fee. Whether RM would accept, who knows?

Fpr me it is still a swerve.

Everton are making moves to become one of English football's strongest sides and the Merseysiders are ambitiously hoping to find themselves among the Premier League's title contenders.

Carlo Ancelotti's arrival was just the first step along that path, and now they're looking to bolster their squad with some elite level talent on the pitch.

The club and coach have filtered through some names to draw up a list of transfer targets, which has the names of both Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez on it.

Good understanding
Ancelotti was able to get consistently impressive performances out of Bale in their time together at Real Madrid, and he was the coach under whom James performed best in Spain.

The Italian knows that singing the Welshman will be a challenge, but he's confident that he'll be able to convince one, and then the other will follow. Bale still has two more years on his contract at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, whereas the Colombian has just one.

Another hurdle for Everton to overcome is Bale's salary and although Farhad Moshiri appears willing to offer a long contract to the pair in order to twist their arms, it seems an ambitious move to go for the Madrid duo.

Yeah, I get how warbling Bale's name in a song may be a problem. But who knows, maybe Ancelotti has an opera tenor's voice.

As long as you’re the highest bidder you’ll have a good chance to get him.

If you offer to pay £125k per week toward his and it’s the best offer on the table then there’s a big possibility that could be enough.

Real just want shut, they were desperate to get him out last year but he wouldn’t entertain anything.

They’ve done a bad deal and they’re just trying to minimise how bad that is. If they got that reduced in anyway they’d be delighted.

I don’t see there being a loan fee in anyway at all

Guys FFP really isn't a big deal at the moment. I don't think it would be prudent to get to far ahead of it since we want to play in Europe but as we aren't currently it can't hurt us. Sign James. Sign Bale. Sign Ramsey. Whatever.

James is the only one in that group that seems at all plausible to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.