2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t care if he tries his best for thousands of pounds every week when his best hasn’t been up to scratch for years. If he really loved the club he’d have moved on so we could progress.
Don't want to generate an endless and maybe personal argument with you , mate. There are players at the club who are clearly out of their depth and arguably should move to a lesser club to get playing time, rather than warming our bench, or not even being in the squad, while draining away large cash resources. (There's still the argument that if any of our own employers had paid us too much, how eager we'd have been to move on for a reduced salary).

Right back has wanted an upgrade for some time, but the club has done nothing. Coleman wasn't behind that decision. Even if he should somehow simply dematerialise, there's no guarantee that we'd sign a top RB in his place. Please consider directing your justifiable ire toward the club and staff who should have sorted this out, rather than the faithful footsoldier.

Think I've said all I have to say on this, and so will now bow out of the discussion. No ill will toward you, mate, but just a suggestion to redirect your justified anger to those more deserving of it.

Its a good job he's still here or we'd be rotating JJK and Holgate and getting done down that side every single game even worse than we have.
He's clearly past his best, but having James/Iwobi/Walcott in front of him since a horrible leg break has meant he's been covering that whole flank on his own.
There were games last year when he was brilliant.
Blame the club for not replacing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.