Richard Keys claims Rafael Benitez tried to leave Newcastle United for Everton twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
A defensive manager in a attacking league could be what's needed when needing to snatch a 1-0 win.
Benitez did this well especially in cup competitons against attacking sides

Could be what's needed, but I think he is too old now

By basic standard of a league of 20 teams then yes, by default it is.

By using the context of Newcastle's limitations both financially and with their playing squad, no, first of all staying up first time quite comfortably is not mediocre.

Then stabilising things while having zero support from above and achieving another mid-table finish is not mediocre.

I am not for having Benitez as manager, not against it either. But to suggest he's had two mediocre finishes with Newcastle just is not true.

Its all excuses to me that though. Ashley is a horrific owner no doubt but they have some decent players there too, certainly no worse than half the league so although 10th and 13th are decent enough finishes they are not great either, so average for me really.

Chinese league ends in 6 days time.

Let’s hope Moshiri has learned to stop listening to that fat quim & is about to make the first decent decision since he’s been here.

Chinese league ends in 6 days time.

Let’s hope Moshiri has learned to stop listening to that fat quim & is about to make the first decent decision since he’s been here.

Yep and Rafael has a get out clause after his 1st season where he can join a Premier league or La Liga side. So he will be available as of a week today. Arsenal, Everton and West Ham have all said to be interested and Rafael has name dropped them all recently.

Selling our souls to the devil here, lads. Not even sure he´s still a top coach, it´s been so long since he did anything of note.

This fella is the best we can get. I’m fairly sure of that. It’s a job boys to these fellas. He’s a Spanish guy who has managed Liverpool during a long career. Looks at mourinho! Who cares let’s just get him in. Guarantee he’d come in, make some put down quip about Liverpool straight away and we’d all love him

Has the cv and the skillset but would be too divisive an appointment.

The first bad run of games would see arguments on the terraces.

Best to look elsewhere, the next appointment has to work and work fast.

Benitez would obviously improve our defence and from there he builds, but he needs money invested in to the squad. If we're going to appoint him as manager and not invest decent money into the squad then we may as well have Moyes, or anyone.

If the Chinese league ends in six day as has been mentioned then it is entirely plausible that we would be waiting for that in order to announce him. Even if he wanted a lot of money, who cares as we would waste more than that on pay offs for poor managers and their staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.