6 + 2 Point Deductions

What does our punishment have to be to justify and not undermine the previous judgements on both ourselves and Forest? this is key because the true focus of the Premiere League governing body is not to make itself look even more stupid and not to fuel furhter appeals.

what was your reply?
Here you go…

“I don’t know what Forest and their fans obsession with Everton is and the perception that you have been hard done by. Facts are facts regardless of your opinion so I suggest you face up to those in the article.

Forest have spent recklessly since they came into the PL and ignored the warnings of their own FD to curb spending.

The commission’s report pointed out that 12 clubs excluding Bournemouth and Fulham had been promoted to the PL and complied with PSR so that was rejected as mitigation.

Everton has higher costs due to being in the PL permanently and due to transfer and wage inflation over that time and that’s why the PSR threshold is higher for long standing members of the PL.
Promoted clubs will have lower costs when they are first promoted as their existing squad contracts are unlikely to be changed overnight.

The latest wheeze from Forest is that they claim they were only non-compliant for 2 months conveniently forgetting that the PSR measurement period is to the end of June not August as it aligns with the financial accounting period.

I think the PSR process is not fit for purpose and clubs are being punished unfairly but I think Forest need to take responsibility for their actions of knowingly breaching rather than trying to proclaim their innocence.”

My guess is that the 3 year cycle ending with the 23/24 accounts will be measured in a different way or against a sum in excess of £200 million

It will have to be judged against whatever the regulations were in place at the start of the season. PSR forms part of the competition laws that are agreed and signed contractually by all parties. That's the same at every single level of football.
They may be able to alter it for Season 24/25, but not before.