6 + 2 Point Deductions

I genuinely can’t get my head around how much finger pointing in our direction Forest are using as a defense.
It’s almost laughable if circumstances around us weren’t so dire right no1H AGO
This is a verbatim comment from today’s Times submitted by a Forest fan…I had to respond to put him right!

“I wish that when articles are written and 'facts' are stated that caveats are also included.
"The club’s breach was £34.5 million above the permitted losses, 77 per cent greater than Everton’s £19.5million overspend."
Nottingham Forest after 23 years outside of the PL were allowed to lose £61 million. Everton in the PL since day one were allowed to lose £105 million.
If Forest had had the same allowance as Everton they would not have been charged.
Add to this the fact that both Fulham & Bournemouth (both promoted at the same time as Forest) had parachute payments after being in the PL recently & Forest didn't........although the PL in their 'judgement' ignored this.
Everton were allowed to have write offs because of Covid of £22 million. Forest £2.5 million.
Now explain to me why you think Forest were more reckless than Everton........
The whole PL setup is designed to make it virtually for promoted clubs who haven't got parachute payments to survive in the PL. A level field it isn't..........and you wonder why Forest appealed. They were not treated fairly.”

Remind me if anyones can - how many millions is this 2nd PSR spend?
What really frustrates me about all of this is that we have been punished by the same entity that told us interest charges are deductible. Then after we take on the debt they come around and say. "OH yeah sorry not really"

This is a verbatim comment from today’s Times submitted by a Forest fan…I had to respond to put him right!

“I wish that when articles are written and 'facts' are stated that caveats are also included.
"The club’s breach was £34.5 million above the permitted losses, 77 per cent greater than Everton’s £19.5million overspend."
Nottingham Forest after 23 years outside of the PL were allowed to lose £61 million. Everton in the PL since day one were allowed to lose £105 million.
If Forest had had the same allowance as Everton they would not have been charged.
Add to this the fact that both Fulham & Bournemouth (both promoted at the same time as Forest) had parachute payments after being in the PL recently & Forest didn't........although the PL in their 'judgement' ignored this.
Everton were allowed to have write offs because of Covid of £22 million. Forest £2.5 million.
The whole PL setup is designed to make it virtually for promoted clubs who haven't got parachute payments to survive in the PL. A level field it isn't..........and you wonder why Forest appealed. They were not treated fairly.”
If the PSR were not changing they would get rinsed again and again. They threw way too much cash in one window. Reckless

Been mulling over the forest appeal, and there’s no way it gets reduced even by a point. To do so throws the whole thing open to legal proceedings

Even further if it got reduced and Everton got further penalties I’m pretty sure Everton would be in court very quickly and potentially not fulfilling fixtures such would be the disparity in the sanctions

My personal opinion is this second charge follows the EFL protocols now. We accepted the 6 point sanction based on that benchmark. Therefore we’ll make very strong arguments if we’re charged by that methodology, you need to follow the rules of the EFL where’s there’s no “double jeopardy” and with a downward trajectory on our numbers and a mitigation, we’ll get a slapped wrist.

Been mulling over the forest appeal, and there’s no way it gets reduced even by a point. To do so throws the whole thing open to legal proceedings

Even further if it got reduced and Everton got further penalties I’m pretty sure Everton would be in court very quickly and potentially not fulfilling fixtures such would be the disparity in the sanctions

My personal opinion is this second charge follows the EFL protocols now. We accepted the 6 point sanction based on that benchmark. Therefore we’ll make very strong arguments if we’re charged by that methodology, you need to follow the rules of the EFL where’s there’s no “double jeopardy” and with a downward trajectory on our numbers and a mitigation, we’ll get a slapped wrist.
It’s only downward if we are under £20m breach. I’m not currently convinced it will be based off nothing other than I think Moshiri is an idiot.

The last cycle showed a downward trend. But we don’t know about this cycle.

I fear this investigation more than anything that has ever happened to us, I am more nervous this week than I was before the Wimbledon game. I fear they are going to screw us and this could mean the impending doom of relegation will happen

what was your reply?