6 + 2 Point Deductions

This gets right to the question of what the rules are there for.

If they’re there to make clubs ‘sustainable’, then getting an extra £17m by waiting 9 weeks should be allowed (for Johnson, and for Richarlison too)

if the rules are for some other reason (eg stop 14 clubs being competitive) then we should have sold him earlier
Agree that is something that does need to change to be able to avoid having other teams to be able to get players at a better price. The johnson transfer i just cant see ever getting passed. Think i read that forest is pushing for more to be accepted for covid losses.

I don't think so, if they can prove that they got more by holding on then isn't that better as far as sustainability goes? Or do the PL want teams to sell for less by a certain date, if this is the case then the rules are even more of a joke than I could have ever imagined.
It’s not a joke.

A sale is a sale only when it’s signed. We now have the benefit of hindsight in that the player was sold, but what would their mitigation been if the player didn’t sell? What’s to stop a club getting another club to help them write bogus offers before the 6/30 deadline?

Forest knew the rule and purposely broke the threshold. The rule sucks but that’s a different conversation.

That they received mitigation for cooperation after purposely breaking the threshold is a joke.

Just a quick question, as I'm not sure of the answer.

Didn't the EPL say that the maximum number of points lost would be -9 points for administration, "in a season".

Or did I misread that, and I can't find the quote on their site, so I presume it may be in the appeal documentation.

Rather than trawl thru that again, does anybody know the answer please?

a) is it a maximum loss of 9 points a season; or,

b) is it a maximum loss of 9 points per breach?

Thanks in advance all, and good wishes

Just a quick question, as I'm not sure of the answer.

Didn't the EPL say that the maximum number of points lost would be -9 points for administration, "in a season".

Or did I misread that, and I can't find the quote on their site, so I presume it may be in the appeal documentation.

Rather than trawl thru that again, does anybody know the answer please?

a) is it a maximum loss of 9 points a season; or,

b) is it a maximum loss of 9 points per breach?

Thanks in advance all, and good wishes
There is no maximum points loss any team can suffer in a season.

BWIN_Everton-points-deduction_2.jpg

It’s not a joke.

A sale is a sale only when it’s signed. We now have the benefit of hindsight in that the player was sold, but what would their mitigation been if the player didn’t sell? What’s to stop a club getting another club to help them write bogus offers before the 6/30 deadline?

Forest knew the rule and purposely broke the threshold. The rule sucks but that’s a different conversation.

That they received mitigation for cooperation after purposely breaking the threshold is a joke.
No do you know the meaning of PSR

Thanks @Goat

Just looking at those though, and there all EFL penalties, what about this 'latest' EPL pronouncement re maximum points penalties after the outcry of our 10pt deduction?
All these rules are made up as they go.

As far as im aware there is no maximum points a team can receive in a season.

We could get another 6, plus another 9 for entering Administration.