6 + 2 Point Deductions

I just saw a piece on Sky in which Kaveh Solhekol stated that a charge for Leicester is unfair given that they have already been punished i.e. relegated 🤔
I don't think that is how it works to be honest
How this idiot is ever given any air time is beyond me, Sports journo my ass!

Annoying little bert who has no relevance yet is given prime tv time by this trojan horse of a broadcaster.

boils my piss

I don't think opposing fans should be gleeful over this, clubs losing points is a disgrace and this whole season has been a sham from start to finish, a complete write off for me. Never seen such blatant nonsense of making up rules as they go along in any other sport.

Had to be us first though didn't it, Niasse situation again. These decisions need to start being challenged in court if they're going to ruin clubs and communities with their BS.
I think fans are usually short sighted about these things.
Does it affect us now?.... then I don't care.
Does it hurt other teams ?.... Great, bring it on.

What fans may not comprehend if that what is happening at present will completely limit their own club in their efforts to improve their team and standing in the league in the longer term.
Clubs watching Everton, Forest and Leicester... so far, are going to be petrified of falling into the same trap and just won't take the risks you need to take if you want to push on as a club.

I have no love of Newcastle at all, but to me the current rules show how unfair the system is, Newcastle have the resources City had and Chelsea before them.
Newcastle could spend billions and still not go bankrupt but they can't do so which effectively means the top of the table remains a closed shop and will continue to do so until a fairer system is used.

Ironically it is the very clubs which are being hamstrung who are voting for these rules(ourselves included) so we can't even really blame outsiders.

This speaks to the whole point about inflation: if it was just transfer fees that had massively risen since the 105 limit came in you could say that sales should at least keep pace with purchases and so balance maintained.

But it's the whole cost of running a business: how much more does it cost just to turn the lights on now than ten years ago? How much more do clubs have to pay their staff? It's the every day inflation that hasn't been accounted for and it can't be a total coincidence that the last two years of massive inflation have seen clubs start to fall into PSR difficulties.

At least the new system of revenue v squad cost takes all operational expenditure like bills out of the equation but not before a bunch of clubs have been penalised by non inflation adjusted numbers.

It is and why the ÂŁ105 million limit is so out of date if that had increased with inflation no one would be blinking an eye

I am still far from convinced about squad costs because by my back of a fag packet calculations the vast majority of clubs outside the biggest 6 or so clubs will see any benefit if the numbers are measured on a season by season basis because as written their is very little wriggle room whereas a 3 year rolling period benefits far more from an income perspective

One thing I can't understand is, when the rules came into play, why didn't teams begin focussing on youth? City built a fantastic youth set up and can bring through talent for their team or sell to raise money for signings.

Surely the plan for most clubs should be to invest into the youth setup and churn out players? It stops money being spent on players and also brings in money when they're sold? Am I being naive? If I was any of the mid table teams, it would be my main focus. It's a long process, but in the coming years, the benefits are huge.

One thing I can't understand is, when the rules came into play, why didn't teams begin focussing on youth? City built a fantastic youth set up and can bring through talent for their team or sell to raise money for signings.

Surely the plan for most clubs should be to invest into the youth setup and churn out players? It stops money being spent on players and also brings in money when they're sold? Am I being naive? If I was any of the mid table teams, it would be my main focus. It's a long process, but in the coming years, the benefits are huge.
Young players take time to mature.

You also kiss a lot of frogs to get a Prince.

You never win anything with kids.

But The Top 6 have spent a long time hoovering up a lot of young talent for years now.

Young players take time to mature.

You also kiss a lot of frogs to get a Prince.

You never win anything with kids.

But The Top 6 have spent a long time hoovering up a lot of young talent for years now.
Both Chelsea and City have an academy/reserves team that can probably make another league of starters and have players left over. Most don't even make it as Prem players, or take ages to get promoted with a Championship team.

Think the sustainability aspect in these sanctions bewild me the most. The rules are there to protect clubs and supporters so the clubs don't find themselves in trouble like Portsmouth or Reading. So, if the league are here to protect and help them sustain and rebalance, why would points deductions help clubs or protect supporters?

We all know with risk of the points deduction, you lose money financially with each place in the league and potentially inflict further financial turmoil if you're relgated, which in turn could force a club into administration. Or to fold altogether.

So, logically the only sanction should be a transfer embargo for incomings until accounts are rebalanced.

Giving the likes of a Chelsea or even a Forest a 18mth transfer ban does a few things. It stops them stockpiling players and loaning them out, it prevents them from over spending and breaching, it will most likely deter them from continuing with this tactic. Because without the transfer window you cut off both hands.

With an Everton, maybe it's wise to receive a transfer ban . Again, gives the club an opportunity to rebalance and to change their way's. Possibly focus more on youth and academy. Once the bans over turned, you're more careful with your approach because you'll be back in jail if you breach again.

Both Chelsea and City have an academy/reserves team that can probably make another league of starters and have players left over. Most don't even make it as Prem players, or take ages to get promoted with a Championship team.
In Chelsea’s 21/22 Accounts it state in number of employees . Players/ coaches & managers 117
In Everton’s 21/22 Accounts it states in number of employees. Players/ coaches & managers 169 and also another 66 youth

No doubt like me you struggle to see how that can be correct but thems the reported numbers

For balance Chelsea have registered 19 over 21 year old at the PL (Everton 24) under 21s ,you are allowed to include in this list players even if on loan Chelsea 66 (Everton 47)

Last edited:
From our original statement (10 point deduction):
“The club will also monitor with great interest the decisions made in any other cases concerning the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules.”

Radio silence seems best until after the decision on the second charge, but after that I hope we do more than just monitor with great interest.

In Chelsea’s 21/22 Accounts it state in number of employees . Players/ coaches & managers 117
In Everton’s 21/22 Accounts it states in number of employees. Players/ coaches & managers 169 and also another 66 youth

No doubt like me you struggle to see how that can be correct but thems the reported numbers

For balance Chelsea have registered 19 over 21 year old at the PL (Everton 24) under 21s ,you are allowed to include in this list players even if on loan Chelsea 66 (Everton 47)
No doubt some clever accounting again.

No way it's true though.