6 + 2 Point Deductions

I'm wondering if the anger,chaos,protests,furore of the previous few months, might just keep them from implementing points deduction again.
The recent bull re the Forest points debacle has shown the incompetence of these panels, they might want to stay away from being shown to be incompetent again ?

Everton are likely to be hit with a new four-point deduction from their second hearing for profit and sustainability breaches. (Football Insider)
And yet in a different story also on their site:

“Everton are “confident” that they can avoid a points deduction completely in their second hearing, sources have told Football Insider.

The Toffees are set to begin their second hearing with an independent commission next week.”

It’s almost like they’ll make up two completely contradictory stories for attention.

I thought I read that Evertons inital PSR submission was circa (£85m).

They did indeed try and claim the interest . On top of that they tried to claim £10 million in respect of player x , another chunk in respect of a levy on player trading claiming it should be counted and finally there was a claim about funds from player trading not generating funds in line with expectations

But my point was that they, Everton, were well within their rights to plead not guilty of exceeding the £105 m but unlike Forest who did it is very difficult to then convince any body let alone an IC working in accord with English Law to claim any sanction should be reduced

“Everton are “confident” that they can avoid a points deduction completely in their second hearing, sources have told Football Insider.

The Toffees are set to begin their second hearing with an independent commission next week.”

It’s almost like they’ll make up two completely contradictory stories for attention.
That's not what this is saying.

It's, "Everton is likely to be hit with a four point deduction, but personnel at the club are delusional and in denial."

The latter is more or less the story of the club's fall from grace.

That way they can delete one and say they were right when the decision is made. I despise modern day ‘journalism’ it’s a disgrace.