6 + 2 Point Deductions

Both of those clubs are sailing close to the wind (on both versions of the PSR rules - this year's and next), I doubt they will be making big purchases without even bigger sales. The whole system is broken.
This is bang on. Also, let's face it... Newcastle arnt exactly going to sell on Guimaraes to bring in Gibbs-White anyhow. Its not an upgrade.

Not that selling him would net them any profit anyhow with how much they paid for him. Forest are really going to struggle to make the profit they need to ballance their books.

Chelsea are in a similar situation, only on a different scale. Guarantee the PL will have changed the rules before they have to ping one of their precious big clubs though.

Suspect they haven’t read either of our reports. I’d be shaking hands and walking away quietly doing little curtsies if I had any affiliation to Forest. Take the win. Unless they are heading for an unavoidable second breach…….
Nor dare I suggest have they read the white paper re the introduction of a regulator .

The regulator is not going close to PSR save insisting they are enforced or come to that the vast majority of PL rules. It’s all about:

Giving the EFL more money, being involved in decisions about club ownership, blocking clubs moving stadiums if the fans don’t like, getting clubs to submit financial information in real-time,

The paperwork points to how the target should be 70% of turnover to wages and the biggest culprits in not meeting this are surprise surprise the Championship Clubs . In some instances they are paying as much as 128% or turnover in wages.

It’s estimated to cost £147 million over 10 years the bulk of it will paid for by the PL clubs .

Reading through its going to be incredibly difficult for clubs below National League to get into that structure it’s going to load clubs up and down the pyramid with Bureaucracy.

It's amazing how much faith people seem to have that an independent regulator will be good for the game.
They'll be utterly toothless, like all government regulators. Ofwat can't stop the water boards dumping turds into our rivers or giving all of their (our) money to shareholders whilst not fixing the water network or drains, Offoot will be just as useless.

I could be wrong, but I could have sworn that the appeal decision report referenced that our 22/23 losses had shown an upward trend (in other words losses were higher) but that they couldn't/shouldn't be using that as an aggravating factor in the 21/22 decision
Correct

This is bang on. Also, let's face it... Newcastle arnt exactly going to sell on Guimaraes to bring in Gibbs-White anyhow. Its not an upgrade.

Not that selling him would net them any profit anyhow with how much they paid for him. Forest are really going to struggle to make the profit they need to ballance their books.

Chelsea are in a similar situation, only on a different scale. Guarantee the PL will have changed the rules before they have to ping one of their precious big clubs though.
Surely any rule change would have to be for the following years accounts