6 + 2 Point Deductions

Just to remind you all, that if Kenwright hadn’t clung onto the club, until he found the only useful idiot billionaire willing to buy the club, who in turn allowed a host of mangers to waste hundreds of millions on dross players and wages , we wouldn’t be where we are today.

Just saying like.
Imagine if the rumours are true and the Mansour family approached us and Bill deemed it not good because their plan included him being removed from his position.

Because I can 100% believe this happened.

the club hasn’t got owners or anything else to make decisions mate that’s a factor
Why's that mate? Oh, it's because the PL wont ratify 777 buying the club, even though they allow Nation states with dubious civil rights issues and those who think it's ok to chop up dissenting journos. It's almost as if the PL dont want anyone at Everton to be able to make important decisions.

In any other court quasi or otherwise the ruling of an appellate body is binding on a subsequent court.

The PL just ignore that. Not only is that a breach of natural justice but it's also grounds for a judicial review on the Wednesbury principle unless the law has changed fundamentally since I was in practice a decade ago AT.
If the PL could be considered a public body then it’s an option to go down that line. However, I don’t think it would be classed as such.

Thats true, and I don't think they will
gotta wonder if it was even part of an agreement.
As in,
- We'll go lenient but please dont appeal.
- We wont but we're going to have to write a strongly worded statement to appease our fans
- Have at it

They'll be over the moon at 4 points.

We would be too.

And for the Forest lurkers...I've always said yous shouldn't have been pulled up and been on the same threshold as the rest of the league IMO. The whole thing is a farce made worse by the leagues decision making or lack off.

It's the league that have done this.

I heard Simon Jordan before saying he feels sorry for Forest and that where do you draw the line, as an example he said if you are owned by a billionaire then really you could argue you have the money and therefore there club would never fold.

When he has spoken about Everton, I listen all the time, he has said ‘they broke the rules’, ‘the hid money during covid’ stuff like that. It’s mad how one person can just talk absolute wham and get away with it.
He obviously has some kind of agenda against the club which is a shame as he is generally alright, even though he clearly thinks he is better than he is. He is a very good communicator and he is very articulate which is not often the case in the sport/football business.

Whilst we did get money with Gordon, kean and a few off the wage bill, sponsorship money was probably significantly down last season, coupled with signings in the summer for actual money (onana, Garner and incomprehensibly maupay)...I reckon we must be about 50 to 55 millions of losses.
It would need to be even more than that to breach after deductions and a lot more for a “significant breach”. I’m hoping this time it’s more a case of slipping just over than another big breach because a big breach should have been avoided. We made no obvious effort to sell players before the deadline and if we knew we were in for another big breach why didn’t we?

Where do you even start with this? Farce isn’t a strong enough word to cover it.

The lack of any framework has led to gaping inconsistencies which (from a complete layman’s POV) surely would be dismissed out of a 'real' court before you could say P&S.

Will be interesting to see what (if any) fall out comes from this over the next week or so. Wouldn’t surprise me if Everton's lawyers are advising we keep our heads down until the second hearing.

If we get even a single point deducted in the next hearing we’ve got to go at them kicking and screaming. It’s a disgrace.