6 + 2 Point Deductions

So the panel accept that they KNOWINGLY breached:

The Premier League commission ruling said: “When a club like Forest took the risk of effectively ignoring the PSR warning from its finance director before the January window in 2023, and rather than looking to sell players, it added players to its squad, ultimately leaving itself with just two weeks to sell Player A [Brennan Johnson] in the summer 2023 window, such risk taking and ‘sailing close to the wind’ needs a proportionate sanction to maintain the integrity of the Premier League.”

Johnson played the full match when Forest beat Sheff Utd 2-1 in August , what was that about sporting advantage

I’ve nothing against Forest, they are a big club and I’m glad they are back in the pl, and we know the rules are an absolute mess that we are being punished against, but the difference between the breaches and the punishments is just staggering and totally unfair, and the mitigation that’s been considered for Forest is just bonkers, when you see what they didn’t accept in our case.

We should have kept Richy for longer and sold higher, same with Gordon and we shouldn’t have built a new ground.

It’s an absolute farce and witch hunt and I’m beyond peed off, but also just flattened by it all. Sick to the back teeth of this corrupt premier league, and it’s clear as day they want us gone.

Cant wait to see what they hit us for on the second breach- I’m betting more than 4 points.

Come out fighting Everton ffs, don’t wait for the second breach to be heard, get on the offensive now and fight for us - we should have had a statement ready to go today. Get the barstewards in court.

It’s pure guesswork because we don’t know the scale of the breach. The talk seems to be it is a good bit less than the previous one but we don’t know.

That’s important because this decision introduces a concept of “minor breaches” which are less than tens of millions although it doesn’t set an exact number. It suggests that needn’t be a points deduction. It’s interesting that they go into this when it’s not relevant to this case.

But if our breach falls into this minor category it does raise the possibility of a lesser punishment than a points deduction. But we don’t know the numbers.

Frankly, we shouldn’t be in significant breach territory. We had 40m to play with, our comparable PSR number from the year previous year was 10m. If we’re over 40m by a lot it’s unbelievable carelessness.
Whilst we did get money with Gordon, kean and a few off the wage bill, sponsorship money was probably significantly down last season, coupled with signings in the summer for actual money (onana, Garner and incomprehensibly maupay)...I reckon we must be about 50 to 55 millions of losses.

This is how I have see it and it’s nice to see someone finally arguing this in terms of how football got broken, the Champions League where most teams are not champions has perverted the landscape, in the musical chairs of football those at the top seats at that time swept all the sponsorship models and global fans, now they want to bolt the door behind them.

FB92 never had Stan Collymore down as a wise man but wow. 100% factual information that is.

You get the feeling that the masses are starting to slowly wake up. With the impending even stricter FFP rules, how long before the house of cards comes falling down ?

No Empire lasts forever(blue) in which you can start to see small cracks appearing in the Red Cartels monopoly.

What an absolute shheetshow. Reasonings for deductions now apparently nothing to do with the "crime". Early plea and cooperation - wooly and subjective points, letting them continue with their supposed justice.
Farce.
People calling it a kangaroo court but then dissecting the "arguments". Pointless.
It's a farcical charade. And should be called out as such.
Said it before. High court.

I heard Simon Jordan before saying he feels sorry for Forest and that where do you draw the line, as an example he said if you are owned by a billionaire then really you could argue you have the money and therefore there club would never fold.

When he has spoken about Everton, I listen all the time, he has said ‘they broke the rules’, ‘the hid money during covid’ stuff like that. It’s mad how one person can just talk absolute wham and get away with it.

I heard Simon Jordan before saying he feels sorry for Forest and that where do you draw the line, as an example he said if you are owned by a billionaire then really you could argue you have the money and therefore there club would never fold.

When he has spoken about Everton, I listen all the time, he has said ‘they broke the rules’, ‘the hid money during covid’ stuff like that. It’s mad how one person can just talk absolute wham and get away with it.
Him and TalkSport is not a serious thing and nobody should ever take any notice of what anybody on there ever says.

This is how I have see it and it’s nice to see someone finally arguing this in terms of how football got broken, the Champions League where most teams are not champions has perverted the landscape, in the musical chairs of football those at the top seats at that time swept all the sponsorship models and global fans, now they want to bolt the door behind them.

A hard wage cap is the only solution. Set it at whatever the wage bill of the 0 placed premier league club is. Give clubs four years to comply, increase it with inflation.

I really don’t care if the PL loses is global brand and the best players go to Spain. I really don’t care if an English team never wins the CL again.

It would just be nice for everyone outside the top six to be something more than a feeder club.

What an absolute shheetshow. Reasonings for deductions now apparently nothing to do with the "crime". Early plea and cooperation - wooly and subjective points, letting them continue with their supposed justice.
Farce.
People calling it a kangaroo court but then dissecting the "arguments". Pointless.
It's a farcical charade. And should be called out as such.
Said it before. High court.

high court come out fighting take etc etc

HOW we aren’t even secure of the pitch
no owner no board no anything
who fights our corner?

exactly