6 + 2 Point Deductions

I dunno, one of us sits and spends 90% of their time here talking about Liverpool on an Everton forum, in the Liverpool thread.

The other one is me.

One of us hates Liverpool. The other one is you, a kopite.

If you believe that the economic reality that most capitalist entities tailor their product to appeal to their largest customer base to make more money is a conspiracy then we’ll have to agree to disagree

Personally I believe any notion of the PL as some independent arbiter trying its best to treat all clubs fairly is an even bigger conspiracy theory than the one you’re accusing me of

It’s one of the most morally bankrupt institutions that is solely motivated by nothing but cash, it’s inception was based on that and it had tried pretty much everything since then that it can get away with to maximise their returns. You don’t think they influence scenarios for the benefit of tv audiences? Thats naive in my opinion.

I assume this has already been said but Everton received a 6 point deduction for a breech over a 3 year period. Forest received a 4 point deduction for a breech over a 2 year period.
Surely Everton should be expecting a further 2 point deduction for the 2nd charge as it's over a 3 year period where we've already been punished for 2 of the years. That's obviously on the assumption that Forest don't appeal and have their 4 points reduced which will blow the consistency of 2 points per season.

We’ll get at least another 4 if not 6 points deduction. That last summer under Lampard had the club thumbing their nose at the PL despite getting spending down. If we had carried on restricting spending instead of wasting on the likes of McNeil and Onana.

One of us hates Liverpool. The other one is you, a kopite.

If you believe that the economic reality that most capitalist entities tailor their product to appeal to their largest customer base to make more money is a conspiracy then we’ll have to agree to disagree

Personally I believe any notion of the PL as some independent arbiter trying its best to treat all clubs fairly is an even bigger conspiracy theory than the one you’re accusing me of

It’s one of the most morally bankrupt institutions that is solely motivated by nothing but cash, it’s inception was based on that and it had tried pretty much everything since then that it can get away with to maximise their returns. You don’t think they influence scenarios for the benefit of tv audiences? Thats naive in my opinion.
Arsed reading all that again tbh. This is why I quote you in the thread every so often as well - literally the easiest target to pick as you waffle on for ages about literally anything mentioning the RS.

Live a little without the tinfoil hat, we're up against the actual league, not the rs.

I thought the IC themselves delayed the first hearing because the complexity of dealing with all the evidence meant it could not be deemed to be a fair process if held by May 23.
The PL made application for it to be dealt with in season 22/23 Everton objected and the IC agreed with Everton.

I assume this has already been said but Everton received a 6 point deduction for a breech over a 3 year period. Forest received a 4 point deduction for a breech over a 2 year period.
Surely Everton should be expecting a further 2 point deduction for the 2nd charge as it's over a 3 year period where we've already been punished for 2 of the years. That's obviously on the assumption that Forest don't appeal and have their 4 points reduced which will blow the consistency of 2 points per season.

ha if they appeal
it and get that of or reduced we really are a joke

Yep, so our hearing next week will be a completely different panel so in theory can just pick a number from 1 to 10 and go with that.
Yeah, anybody trying to figure out what happens with our second charge based on this Forest judgment is wasting their time. Clearly every panel basically just starts from scratch and factors in whatever wafts through on the breeze that day.

Sure this has been posted, but they literally gave us more points cos we were mean to them.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

No other way to explain it, really. Forest went full on teacher's pet from day one, while we at first tried to drag things out (charitable interpretation) or even outright lie to them about stuff (their interpretation) before eventually capitulating anyway. But because we didn't bow down on day one, we got hammered for it.

So a club that hasn’t been in the top division for quarter of a century has been punished for overspending by £95m, whilst everybody else can overspend by £105m with no problems? Almost as if it’s designed to stop promoted clubs competing…
Hmmm

Punished for overspending by £95m, when for 2/3 of the period you were in a league which operates at a much lower level in terms of ability and cost. Transfer fees and wages were obviously going to be much lower. You've spent so much in the first year in the prem, it has meant you've already breached 2 years' of allowance!

That said, Forest shows what a useless set of rules they are. Ok, so they've been reckless with spending and flouting the rules, but surely any club coming up has to spend to survive?
Burnley, Sheff Utd and Luton are good examples of teams not overspending.