6 + 2 Point Deductions

Makes a mockery of us rolling over for a good belly rub when they cut it to 6.

It's the judges that have then decided to apply the rules differently that need looking at. From our point of view from 10 to 6 was okay, the fume comes from another team then getting less for a larger breach.

It's like if they decided to charge Chelsea now because without their offshore payments they would have breached by twice as much as forest have in percentage terms, but then they only get given a two point deduction. Forest would have legitimate claims to go WTF despite their lawyers success in getting less than us and so on.

No I think you’re a kopite because you get weirdly bent out of shape the second anyone mentions them, you police the Liverpool thread diligently complaining about people mentioning them (even though that’s the purpose of the thread), and whenever they lose you seem inordinately bothered by it.

That’s why I think you’re a kopite. Hate Everton, like Liverpool, only so many ways that looks.
I dunno, one of us sits and spends 90% of their time here talking about Liverpool on an Everton forum, in the Liverpool thread.

The other one is me.

My guess is we get another 2 points. Puts us on 23, two ahead of Forest and one ahead of Luton with a game in hand, slightly better GD and both to play.
We'll get 3. That's the starting point for breaking the rules. They could add an extra 3 for the 'severiity of the break', but i think even the Premier League would realise that any more would look vindictive.

No I think you’re a kopite because you get weirdly bent out of shape the second anyone mentions them, you police the Liverpool thread diligently complaining about people mentioning them (even though that’s the purpose of the thread), and whenever they lose you seem inordinately bothered by it.

That’s why I think you’re a kopite. Hate Everton, like Liverpool, only so many ways that looks.
Knock it off with the kopite shouts - all they do is derail the thread

We'll get 3. That's the starting point for breaking the rules. They could add an extra 3 for the 'severiity of the break', but i think even the Premier League would realise that any more would look vindictive.
Still think two not going to give us -2 off beacuse of helping them make it easier. Cant even put into words how pissed off i am over this result today. Just wanted to be treated fairly

To me it reads....

"Forest respectfully notes in this regard that Everton appears to have avoided the prospect of relegation during the 2022/23 season by reason of initially denying the Complaint brought against it, and taking various points, including resisting the Premier League's application for expedition, such that the first instance proceedings against it could not be determined until November 2023."

They felt that if the league made a quicker decision, we would've been looking at relegation. Why mention this if it wasn't a mitigated reason to overspend?

"The need for swift decision making to assist the integrity of the Premier League means that clubs that co-operate should be significantly rewarded to incentivise others to do so and deter those who seek to delay or disrupt proceedings brought against them."

As Forest haven't "delayed" their decision and been cooperative (which accuses us of not being) they feel they should be let off a bit.

The idea to even bring that in as part of an argument to get a leaner sentence shouldn't even be used IMO

But seems to have worked.
The timeframe argument is strange on their end. Correct me if I'm wrong but for our first charge there were no agreed timeframes, hence why the PL sought to expedite the process. Us not agreeing to the expedition was not to obstruct the process, but to ensure if was carried out diligently.

The Forest interpretation of events should be corrected by our club publicly.