6 + 2 Point Deductions

Come on.
Four home games against Sheffield, Forest, Brentford and the first of them against Burnley.
What could possibly go wrong??
We will win enough points there to stay up. If we don't, we deserve the drop.

I'm pretty calm about this relegation battle. The beauty of it is we are being set a test we really should pass easily enough. One quick win - ideally at Bournemouth - and the Burnley game will give us a chance to put some real space between us and the chasers. And if we can't do that, then no complaints from me. Even allowing for the points deductions killing us, the trend would have to be off the cliff to put us down. And if we are trending off a cliff, well, no point dragging it out for another season.

In simple terms, Dyche and the players need to get their acts together. Then, the board - whomever might constitute it - does.

It's not over until the proverbial rotund lady belts out her song.

If any club can defy the establishment and stay up.... it's us.

We simply can't be relegated to the lower leagues. That's not an option right now. Somehow we have to stay up. And these players seem to have the fight and determination in them to keep us up.

But as you say, it is inexplicable how Forest have only been hit with a 4 points deduction as opposed to the 10 that we received. We made a loss of £105million because we were trying to better ourselves and better our city with our new stadium, but they spent a quarter of a billion Pounds on 42 players in 1 year!!
Yet to see any evidence of this.

Well we don't know yet.

We don't know the case at all. Once the PL announce the verdict, they'll be then releasing what's known as the Judgment. Within it, it will state everything that was heard in the hearing and then what the Panel decided / how it came to 4 points.

Before we can read that, everything is just speculation.

it’s not guna change it tho is it

After 56 years of supporting the Blues in the top division of English football....

I hate to say, but I think that's us done for.

We will almost certainly receive another 10 points deduction. Had Forest received a 10 points deduction as expected... we would have had a really good chance of avoiding relegation. But 4 points is a shocker.

Perhaps the mistake we made was only making a loss of £105million! If we had signed 42 players for a quarter of a billion Pounds in one season like Forest did, perhaps we would have only been deducted 4 points rather than 10.

Very sad day for our club.

The kopites will be gleeful today.

Weirdest post I think I’ve ever seen on here.

The mistake we made was only making a loss of £105m.

If we'd only signed 42 players for a quarter of a billion in one season like Forest, we might’ve been deducted 4 points rather than 10. Simple PL logic really.🙄

For those playing catch up, the situation this morning was:

3 points clear of relegation
a game in hand
a charge hanging over us
a charge hanging over Forest

We are now

4 points clear of relegation
a game in hand
a charge hanging over us

Not a good day.

Love this post.

But I will add a rider.