6 + 2 Point Deductions

Its all so very bizarre.

I cant see a reason why both results werent heard at the same time and both released today.

Makes a mockery of any competition.
both hearings you mean mate?

The PL will have a single department that works on these cases, instructing Barristers etc.

They'll say i'm sure that they don't have the capacity to run two different cases at the same time.

Plus there was the appeal we had too which would have delayed them getting started on our latest case.

But you're right, the fact this is all entirely down to different commissions with no agreed method is utterly bizarre.

Still hard to say what the best result was there tbh. Probably won’t know until May.
perfect result on saturday for me. but like i said before these deductions, i want a few clubs in the fight to stay up, not just have it as it may have been between say us v Luton - Forest would have been away a touch with a win, were as another points deduction for us, puts us by Luton (or could do etc). Its a simple we must win home games v the teams we have

The problem I have with this is that we didn’t get docked 6 points, we got 10. Everyone has had to battle mentally with getting such a large point deduction then then Forest go and get 4. Everton should have a statement out now along the lines of;

‘As a football club we have always believed in fairness. Although we made some accounting errors which lead to a ten point deduction, we worked along side the Premier League to not stand in front of any process.

Upon our points deduction of -10 points we deemed this unfair and this appealed and was handed a -6 deduction instead. Upon this we stated that we would be following cases with other clubs closely.

Today Nottingham Forest have been handed a -4 deduction for an apparent overspend of 60m. Considering Everton’s overspend was 19.5M we would have deemed their punishment to be great than our own. However, that does not seem the scenario. Nottingham Forest still have the ability to appeal and therefore the -4 figure could actually become lower.

As a club, full of loyal fans and supporters, we must now inform the media and the Premier League that we intend to launch an independent case in the highest court available in order to, in what we consider, put right the rule makers whom have deemed it necessary to treat Everton and Nottingham Forest different. A punishment of -4 points in comparison to a punishment of -10 points should warrant a lesser action, however it would seem Nottingham Forests action is much, much more.

This is now Everton’s stance and we are well and truly sick and tired of being the Premier Leagues FFP guinea pig’.

After 56 years of supporting the Blues in the top division of English football....

I hate to say, but I think that's us done for.

We will almost certainly receive another 10 points deduction. Had Forest received a 10 points deduction as expected... we would have had a really good chance of avoiding relegation. But 4 points is a shocker.

Perhaps the mistake we made was only making a loss of £105million! If we had signed 42 players for a quarter of a billion Pounds in one season like Forest did, perhaps we would have only been deducted 4 points rather than 10.

Very sad day for our club.

The kopites will be gleeful today.

After 56 years of supporting the Blues in the top division of English football....

I hate to say, but I think that's us done for.

We will almost certainly receive another 10 points deduction. Had Forest received a 10 points deduction as expected... we would have had a really good chance of avoiding relegation. But 4 points is a shocker.

Perhaps the mistake we made was only making a loss of £105million! If we had signed 42 players for a quarter of a billion Pounds in one season like Forest did, perhaps we would have only been deducted 4 points rather than 10.

Very sad day for our club.

The kopites will be gleeful today.

shurrup george