6 + 2 Point Deductions

The greed of the leagues top brass is what made it the "most exciting and most watched league in the world". The only reason they have the top players here is that they pay them to come here, the only way they can pay them to come here is to have successful teams that generate the money to pay for them. For example, £100m across 20 teams doesn't buy the best players, so it's best to concentrate it in to a smaller number of teams while maintaining some semblance of competition.

I personally don't watch PL football because its the most watched league in the world, nor because it is perceived as the best. I watch it because Everton are in it. I don't watch European football, because Everton aren't currently in it. I rarely watch International football unless my mates are in the pub watching it, because Everton aren't in it.

There are a subset of fans that just want to watch competitive games, to arrive at the ground of their club with some hope. These are very different in the majority of cases to the fans that create the wealth for the league. They often aren't the fans that are drawn in solely by the latest £60m player, or talk about the wages to income ratio and what that means to them. In many cases they can be described as the football purists. They are also less likely to be the people that watch all the football that is available to them, prompting rising advertising revenues and the requirement for clubs to have their own watch partner, or hand cream partner, or 'New Everton signing, sponsored by BIC Biro, ensuring that every Everton Pen means something'. They are often those that judge a game or a player on their own instinct without the statistical values that are presented to us as in order to convince us that a bet on Calvert Lewin to score first is a good one.

On another point, your suggestion that you are more intellectual than another individual because of your own self inflated perception of intelligence is really quite ridiculous. I have never seen anything on here posted by your self that I would consider as particularly intellectual or insightful about anything. That doesn't go any way to prove that you are not intellectual at all as I have no idea who you are. It may just be your wording, and I hope that it was completely unintended, but I see what you have written above as quite rude to a poster on here and completely uncalled for. To say that you are cursed by your own intelligence and that life would be easier to live like somebody who, as you seem to have inferred, doesn't have any, is really not the way to be acting on this forum.
At least he hasnt tagged himself this time.

The greed of the leagues top brass is what made it the "most exciting and most watched league in the world". The only reason they have the top players here is that they pay them to come here, the only way they can pay them to come here is to have successful teams that generate the money to pay for them. For example, £100m across 20 teams doesn't buy the best players, so it's best to concentrate it in to a smaller number of teams while maintaining some semblance of competition.

I personally don't watch PL football because its the most watched league in the world, nor because it is perceived as the best. I watch it because Everton are in it. I don't watch European football, because Everton aren't currently in it. I rarely watch International football unless my mates are in the pub watching it, because Everton aren't in it.

There are a subset of fans that just want to watch competitive games, to arrive at the ground of their club with some hope. These are very different in the majority of cases to the fans that create the wealth for the league. They often aren't the fans that are drawn in solely by the latest £60m player, or talk about the wages to income ratio and what that means to them. In many cases they can be described as the football purists. They are also less likely to be the people that watch all the football that is available to them, prompting rising advertising revenues and the requirement for clubs to have their own watch partner, or hand cream partner, or 'New Everton signing, sponsored by BIC Biro, ensuring that every Everton Pen means something'. They are often those that judge a game or a player on their own instinct without the statistical values that are presented to us as in order to convince us that a bet on Calvert Lewin to score first is a good one.

On another point, your suggestion that you are more intellectual than another individual because of your own self inflated perception of intelligence is really quite ridiculous. I have never seen anything on here posted by your self that I would consider as particularly intellectual or insightful about anything. That doesn't go any way to prove that you are not intellectual at all as I have no idea who you are. It may just be your wording, and I hope that it was completely unintended, but I see what you have written above as quite rude to a poster on here and completely uncalled for. To say that you are cursed by your own intelligence and that life would be easier to live like somebody who, as you seem to have inferred, doesn't have any, is really not the way to be acting on this forum.

It`s okay to call him a massive bellend mate, as everyone else does.

It's not a fair system being brought in because the clubs aren't starting from the same point. The establishment clubs are starting from a place where they can out spend the others. It's like having a 100m race and letting the cartel clubs start at the 80m mark.

More pandering from a league terrified of losing its brand assets

It's probably even worse and will make the gap between the commercial rich/ European playing top six clubs and the rest ever wider. But that's who rule the Premier league the top six clubs and it's not just their fault either, blame also the other 14 cowardly Owners/ lapdogs who vote with them. A lot of fans are turning off the game and have become disillusioned with it, it has become boring the same teams winning all the time, FFP, PSR, VAR, it's anti competition. It's definitely not the game i grew up and tell in love with.

The other 14 clubs likely have signed up to it as it makes the clubs coming up from the Championship instantly struggle when they cannot invest the kind of money needed to have a real opportunity to stay up.

The greed of the leagues top brass is killing what made it the most exciting and most watched league in the world.

Its times like these that I get envious of contributors like Matty1878 who follow this sport in blissful ignorance.

Myself being an intellectual and acknowledging the full reality of what modern day football has morphed into, it is no longer the blessing it once was but more so a seismic curse.

Once you see truth you cannot pretend that you did not see it. How I would love to delude myself and dream of EFC winning an FA Cup playing attacking football under Gary O'Neil or Graham Potter with no FFP or VAR able to shackle us from achieving anything other than midtable mediocrity.
Not sure you need a reflexive pronoun there. Doesn’t sound very intellectual.

If you are desperate to still use it to make your point, it would be much more appropriate to word it as “Being an intellectual myself, and acknowledging...”.

Even tagging yourself and saying “@foreverbellend92 being an intellectual, and acknowledging…” would be more appropriate.

This new fast tracked set of rules make this campaign even more of a farce than it already has been. It's an admission that the current rules are not fit for purpose and need throwing out ASAP. Yet, we're in a position where we're inevitably going to be punished twice in one season under these current, not fit for purpose rules.

Not to mention the widening of the already pretty considerable gap between the favoured 6 and the rest of us.

Is there any point to following an 'other 14' club anymore?

This new fast tracked set of rules make this campaign even more of a farce than it already has been. It's an admission that the current rules are not fit for purpose and need throwing out ASAP. Yet, we're in a position where we're inevitably going to be punished twice in one season under these current, not fit for purpose rules.

Not to mention the widening of the already pretty considerable gap between the favoured 6 and the rest of us.

Is there any point to following an 'other 14' club anymore?
The mistake they seem to keep making is just rushing these things and doing them on the back of a fag packet.

The PSR rules as exist are threadbare and not for for purpose. They should have taken their time, thought it through, and come up with fleshed out rules, processes and sanctions, but they didn’t bother. Now it’s a mess.

Then they suddenly decided they wanted a fast track system and put together a timetable that even if it’s stuck to (and it’s optimistic) could end after the season. Think it through. Farce.

Now they’ve decided to change the rules, and they do need to, but they decide it has to happen for next season to save certain clubs skin. So the next rushed set of rules will no doubt be full of holes they hadn’t properly considered. Why not for once just take the time to do something properly?

The other 14 clubs likely have signed up to it as it makes the clubs coming up from the Championship instantly struggle when they cannot invest the kind of money needed to have a real opportunity to stay up.

The greed of the leagues top brass is killing what made it the most exciting and most watched league in the world.

Its times like these that I get envious of contributors like Matty1878 who follow this sport in blissful ignorance.

Myself being an intellectual and acknowledging the full reality of what modern day football has morphed into, it is no longer the blessing it once was but more so a seismic curse.

Once you see truth you cannot pretend that you did not see it. How I would love to delude myself and dream of EFC winning an FA Cup playing attacking football under Gary O'Neil or Graham Potter with no FFP or VAR able to shackle us from achieving anything other than midtable mediocrity.

You are as thick as two short planks fella.

The PL have made such an arse of themselves in this process where they don’t actually know what punishment to give out. They need to start again with a proper mandate of points deducted per £10m overspend per season, starting this new tax year and bin everything else they’ve made a bollocks of.

The PL have made such an arse of themselves in this process where they don’t actually know what punishment to give out. They need to start again with a proper mandate of points deducted per £10m overspend per season, starting this new tax year and bin everything else they’ve made a bollocks of.
Why are financial rules nessasory at all? Bin the rules and let teams have at it.. if they go out of busness then so be it.

If they have the nerve to push through and punish us again we should take them straight to court no messing about,no forelock tugging statement on the website. It's bad enough having one points deduction already but if they think they can get away with another whilst admitting the rules aren't fit for purpose then we should come down on them like a ton of bricks.

It's unlikely mentioning this rule change will have much effect on our case right? I imagine it'll be a 'those were the rules at the time which you broke'
Pretty much. It could be mitigation on the second charge that the same set of figures would be compliant under new rules but the IC are under no obligation to consider that. Plus the new rules likely won’t be finalised by then so chances are they will have no force.

It’s absolutely maddening and farcical that we’re comfortable under the new rules they obviously believe are better and there’s not much we can do about it. It’s so effing arbitrary.