6 + 2 Point Deductions

It's the gravy train in full display...the 14 or at least most of them are quite happy unfortunately to go along as long as they get their decent cut that allows them to continue tu survive at the top of english football, even if they know that they will never challenge the top 6.

Yeah, they’re also happy to enable the big 6 to pay stupid fees for their players. Brighton aren’t gonna want rules in place that will force them to sell Evan Ferguson to United for £50m rather than £120m are they? If the rules were fair, Declan Rice would’ve joined Arsenal for £40m and not £100m.

People assuming the rest of the teams in the league want fair competition are barking up the wrong tree.

New rules create a spending cap, the difference between this and the NFL is that its dynamic and every one will have a different one. Also means the great unwashed won’t know what we have to spend most of the time.

Spending caps by their nature if being introduced has to be done with equity, the PL and Uefa for that matter are doing this equally.

I’d have huge critisim for the clubs here, all this does is reinforce and deepen the uncle Tomming of having to sell your best players to get revenue to other clubs with big revenue, who get better and make more. It’s plain to see that all owners of clubs care about these days is keeping the plates spinning, appreciate their asset by staying in the PL.

This used to be sport.

The other 14 clubs likely have signed up to it as it makes the clubs coming up from the Championship instantly struggle when they cannot invest the kind of money needed to have a real opportunity to stay up.

The greed of the leagues top brass is killing what made it the most exciting and most watched league in the world.

Its times like these that I get envious of contributors like Matty1878 who follow this sport in blissful ignorance.

Myself being an intellectual and acknowledging the full reality of what modern day football has morphed into, it is no longer the blessing it once was but more so a seismic curse.

Once you see truth you cannot pretend that you did not see it. How I would love to delude myself and dream of EFC winning an FA Cup playing attacking football under Gary O'Neil or Graham Potter with no FFP or VAR able to shackle us from achieving anything other than midtable mediocrity.

The other 14 clubs likely have signed up to it as it makes the clubs coming up from the Championship instantly struggle when they cannot invest the kind of money needed to have a real opportunity to stay up.

The greed of the leagues top brass is killing what made it the most exciting and most watched league in the world.

Its times like these that I get envious of contributors like Matty1878 who follow this sport in blissful ignorance.

Myself being an intellectual and acknowledging the full reality of what modern day football has morphed into, it is no longer the blessing it once was but more so a seismic curse.

Once you see truth you cannot pretend that you did not see it. How I would love to delude myself and dream of EFC winning an FA Cup playing attacking football under Gary O'Neil or Graham Potter with no FFP or VAR able to shackle us from achieving anything other than midtable mediocrity.

@nsno-chris @COYBL25

And I shall continue to drop gospel on this forum until the naive fools who dwell within it realise that the PL is no longer a credible competition.

Once such information is finally digested, inconsequential matters such as whos our manager and what league we play in should no longer concern you any more than watching a Sunday league team lose on the weekend.

Those souls distressed over possession stats under Dyche or relegation battles are drinking the kool aid when come the summer the new rules mean yet again - no investment and another relegation battle.

Its over for us and most other clubs.

YAWN

The greed of the leagues top brass is what made it the "most exciting and most watched league in the world". The only reason they have the top players here is that they pay them to come here, the only way they can pay them to come here is to have successful teams that generate the money to pay for them. For example, £100m across 20 teams doesn't buy the best players, so it's best to concentrate it in to a smaller number of teams while maintaining some semblance of competition.

I personally don't watch PL football because its the most watched league in the world, nor because it is perceived as the best. I watch it because Everton are in it. I don't watch European football, because Everton aren't currently in it. I rarely watch International football unless my mates are in the pub watching it, because Everton aren't in it.

There are a subset of fans that just want to watch competitive games, to arrive at the ground of their club with some hope. These are very different in the majority of cases to the fans that create the wealth for the league. They often aren't the fans that are drawn in solely by the latest £60m player, or talk about the wages to income ratio and what that means to them. In many cases they can be described as the football purists. They are also less likely to be the people that watch all the football that is available to them, prompting rising advertising revenues and the requirement for clubs to have their own watch partner, or hand cream partner, or 'New Everton signing, sponsored by BIC Biro, ensuring that every Everton Pen means something'. They are often those that judge a game or a player on their own instinct without the statistical values that are presented to us as in order to convince us that a bet on Calvert Lewin to score first is a good one.

On another point, your suggestion that you are more intellectual than another individual because of your own self inflated perception of intelligence is really quite ridiculous. I have never seen anything on here posted by your self that I would consider as particularly intellectual or insightful about anything. That doesn't go any way to prove that you are not intellectual at all as I have no idea who you are. It may just be your wording, and I hope that it was completely unintended, but I see what you have written above as quite rude to a poster on here and completely uncalled for. To say that you are cursed by your own intelligence and that life would be easier to live like somebody who, as you seem to have inferred, doesn't have any, is really not the way to be acting on this forum.

in ignorance? that’s only when we’re poo

The greed of the leagues top brass is what made it the "most exciting and most watched league in the world". The only reason they have the top players here is that they pay them to come here, the only way they can pay them to come here is to have successful teams that generate the money to pay for them. For example, £100m across 20 teams doesn't buy the best players, so it's best to concentrate it in to a smaller number of teams while maintaining some semblance of competition.

I personally don't watch PL football because its the most watched league in the world, nor because it is perceived as the best. I watch it because Everton are in it. I don't watch European football, because Everton aren't currently in it. I rarely watch International football unless my mates are in the pub watching it, because Everton aren't in it.

There are a subset of fans that just want to watch competitive games, to arrive at the ground of their club with some hope. These are very different in the majority of cases to the fans that create the wealth for the league. They often aren't the fans that are drawn in solely by the latest £60m player, or talk about the wages to income ratio and what that means to them. In many cases they can be described as the football purists. They are also less likely to be the people that watch all the football that is available to them, prompting rising advertising revenues and the requirement for clubs to have their own watch partner, or hand cream partner, or 'New Everton signing, sponsored by BIC Biro, ensuring that every Everton Pen means something'. They are often those that judge a game or a player on their own instinct without the statistical values that are presented to us as in order to convince us that a bet on Calvert Lewin to score first is a good one.

On another point, your suggestion that you are more intellectual than another individual because of your own self inflated perception of intelligence is really quite ridiculous. I have never seen anything on here posted by your self that I would consider as particularly intellectual or insightful about anything. That doesn't go any way to prove that you are not intellectual at all as I have no idea who you are. It may just be your wording, and I hope that it was completely unintended, but I see what you have written above as quite rude to a poster on here and completely uncalled for. To say that you are cursed by your own intelligence and that life would be easier to live like somebody who, as you seem to have inferred, doesn't have any, is really not the way to be acting on this forum.

Pin this sentence.

That was a lovely read

What I don't understand is what's the point of qualifying for Europe outside the Champions League?

The money in the Europa and Conference League is pitiful compared to the Champions League

View attachment 248608

I think we'll have teams losing game to NOT qualify because their wage bills will kill them.

It's utterly ridiculous and another rule change which is killing this league.

If you're a Super League fan, it's another step away
Maybe that's what we are doing, but taking it to an extreme.

Infuriating as it is for them to move the goalposts after we’ve been charged under the old system I think in the medium term we come out better from the new system?

Thinking about the stadium in particular a lot of the concern is that interest payments will negate a lot of the increased revenue on the balance sheet.

That may still be the case but in terms of the new squad cost control it’s all purely based on % of revenue so we get all the benefit of the revenue bump without the downside, as year end results including all other costs are no longer relevance. So if the stadium generates 50m more a year that directly correlates to a possible extra 42.5m a year in squad cost.

Obviously we still need an owner willing to invest money but in terms of the new calculation getting to the new stadium at least pushes us ahead on the all important revenue curve than clubs who are spending more right now without the infrastructure to support it.

Infuriating as it is for them to move the goalposts after we’ve been charged under the old system I think in the medium term we come out better from the new system?

Thinking about the stadium in particular a lot of the concern is that interest payments will negate a lot of the increased revenue on the balance sheet.

That may still be the case but in terms of the new squad cost control it’s all purely based on % of revenue so we get all the benefit of the revenue bump without the downside, as year end results including all other costs are no longer relevance. So if the stadium generates 50m more a year that directly correlates to a possible extra 42.5m a year in squad cost.

Obviously we still need an owner willing to invest money but in terms of the new calculation getting to the new stadium at least pushes us ahead on the all important revenue curve than clubs who are spending more right now without the infrastructure to support it.
You'd hope so but wait for a financial rule change that says non footballing income cant be used for P&S calculations...