6 + 2 Point Deductions

I'd lost the will to keep on fighting. Everton being so giddy about getting 4 points back with the appeal just killed me off. I thought the Super Silk would wipe the floor with the PL and with Masters. I've never felt more deflated.

Just when you've had enough of this corruption they go and pull you back in.

View attachment 248600
The admission of guilt at the first hearing is likley what done us...

The admission of guilt at the first hearing is likley what done us...
Would love to get all of the former board members (kenwright notwithstanding) and moshiri in a room and ask them what they thought they were doing - we clearly breached the rules.

Did they think we’d just get a slap on the wrists and asked nicely not to do it again? If the premier league had slicker processes and applied the deduction last season it would have been the cause of our relegation- unforgivable

What I don't understand is what's the point of qualifying for Europe outside the Champions League?

The money in the Europa and Conference League is pitiful compared to the Champions League

PSX_20240312_082913.png

I think we'll have teams losing game to NOT qualify because their wage bills will kill them.

It's utterly ridiculous and another rule change which is killing this league.

If you're a Super League fan, it's another step away

If they are thinking of changing the rules back to 2022/23 then they should immediately give us our points back and start again. It’s a pl farce.
There's absolutely no chance we will get our points back. And we will be docked more before the season ends. Whilst it doesn't seem like it at the moment we're still a threat to the 6 teams. Albeit a minor threat.

Absolutely, 100% without any question, if they have found (what most knew) that the rules dont work, they then become unenforceable in any way and this season should be played out without any such sanctions being in place! Will it happen, highly unlikely but it needs careful watching by all affected, including those inhibited by it and by those at risk of falling foul of it and if they do anything that again compromises the integrity we and the others shoudl go at them hard with everything at our disposal. Its made a complete mockery of the whole premise of competition(dont make me laugh, competition!) and affects this season and effectively many seasons going forward as every club will be looking over their shoulders apart for you know who.

I hope the arse falls out of it now and we lead a breakaway.

What I don't understand is what's the point of qualifying for Europe outside the Champions League?

The money in the Europa and Conference League is pitiful compared to the Champions League

View attachment 248608

I think we'll have teams losing game to NOT qualify because their wage bills will kill them.

It's utterly ridiculous and another rule change which is killing this league.

If you're a Super League fan, it's another step away
Yeah I thought the same. I guess it’s a clumsy attempt to help teams that don’t make Europe but it feels like it goes too far and like you say you might see teams actively try to avoid the dreaded conference slot.

At the end of the day Europa / Conference is the most a lot of clubs have to hope for with the Sky 6 having most of it seen up and it should be rewarding not punishing to get there. Bearing in mind that to cope with the extra games you also need to expand the squad. It’s a bit odd, and probably needs to have different graduations for CL and the rest.

Anyway the rules change in the future, not the past, so any team that's fallen foul of them, be it us, Forest, City, Chelsea, Leicester, will still be dealt with according to the rules at the time.

I can't see anything but negatives for clubs like Everton with these new rules though, basically if you're not already established as a club with a huge turnover, you will need a fluke period of success otherwise you're screwed.

We need the war over and Usmanov back on board sponsoring everything from the toilets to the new ground's trees to be in with half a chance.

Anyway the rules change in the future, not the past, so any team that's fallen foul of them, be it us, Forest, City, Chelsea, Leicester, will still be dealt with according to the rules at the time.

I can't see anything but negatives for clubs like Everton with these new rules though, basically if you're not already established as a club with a huge turnover, you will need as fluke period of success otherwise you're screwed.
And not just a fluke like Leicester - you'd need a solid 5 year fluke to manage to increase revenues sufficiently to make a difference.

And not just a fluke like Leicester - you'd need a solid 5 year fluke to manage to increase revenues sufficiently to make a difference.
Yep - that's why I used the term period. One fluke league win and foray into the Champions League might get you £100m more, but failing to follow that up just means you've been able to afford three new players and that's it.

New proposed rules just give the richer clubs more leeway/money, as long as the PL keep nodding to them when they arbitrarily decide on what figures they accept for inflated sponsorships, wage structures, deals, etc.

If Man City want a £200m sock sponsor, the PL says fine. If we or Forest for example wanted a relatively similar deal, they tell us to ball off.

Its not about figures or percentages; indeed correct monetary business statements. Its about how the PL is run, in its current corrupt manor, favouring the clubs that bring in the millions of viewers from the far east, africa etc. They, together with Sky have made this mess - turning a loved national game, OUR game into THEIR very own income.

The other 14 need to stand up, together. No more.

New proposed rules just give the richer clubs more leeway/money, as long as the PL keep nodding to them when they arbitrarily decide on what figures they accept for inflated sponsorships, wage structures, deals, etc.

If Man City want a £200m sock sponsor, the PL says fine. If we or Forest for example wanted a relatively similar deal, they tell us to ball off.

Its not about figures or percentages; indeed correct monetary business statements. Its about how the PL is run, in its current corrupt manor, favouring the clubs that bring in the millions of viewers from the far east, africa etc. They, together with Sky have made this mess - turning a loved national game, OUR game into THEIR very own income.

The other 14 need to stand up, together. No more.
It's the gravy train in full display...the 14 or at least most of them are quite happy unfortunately to go along as long as they get their decent cut that allows them to continue tu survive at the top of english football, even if they know that they will never challenge the top 6.