6 + 2 Point Deductions

People like him should be avoided like the plague. It is completely impossible for him to know what Everton's 22/23 accounts are like as it hasn't been released to anyone except the PL. It wasn't long ago this blurt was saying we wouldn't get any points back at all. Must be a gift to be wrong about everything you say.
Must be a gift to be wrong about everything you say and still get paid for it.

And I'll say it again, the points deduction was not fun but...

We are where we are in the table because of Sean Dyche...

A gift of an opening set of matches to start the season -

Wolves (H)
Villa (A)
Fulham (H)
Luton Town (H)
Brentford (A)
Arsenal (H)
Sheffield (A)

4 points from that? COME ON! Dyche does not motivate or galvanize anyone!

Obviously we need new owners but GOSH DARN we need a new manager...
But then we took 22 points from the next 10 games. Let's ignore that to suit an agenda.

surely not
The second charge relates to season 22/23 and the financial year ending 30th June 23.
We submitted draft accounts to the PL in December 23 so they should be reasonably accurate.
They will be submitted as final accounts to Companies House in March 2024.
If we have compiled these accounts with the same assumptions about stadium interest costs then we will probably have a problem. If the “double jeopardy” mitigation is taken into account we might have a chance.

The second charge relates to season 22/23 and the financial year ending 30th June 23.
We submitted draft accounts to the PL in December 23 so they should be reasonably accurate.
They will be submitted as final accounts to Companies House in March 2024.
If we have compiled these accounts with the same assumptions about stadium interest costs then we will probably have a problem. If the “double jeopardy” mitigation is taken into account we might have a chance.

so none of us will know?

I think that if they go forward with ANY points for the second charge, even if its 1-2 and we are well clear of relegation, the team will appeal. Those points alone can mean 2-4 million in placement revenue.

Good summary although the context of me using the word is that I do not believe any criminal offence has been committed the suggestion to me is that matters revolve around payments made by the then owner to individuals that are contrary to football rules

I am not going to go all city and say there isn’t anything to answer as clearly there is and I truth we have no idea save some leaked emails that give even broad details of what is being looked into only that Chelsea have already reached a settlement with UEFA.

As I said before I am far from sure if the FA or PL will take the matter forward simply because most of the PL rules are copied from the FA rule book and is that body that normally enforces such breaches.

The charges following the City investigation didn’t result in a re assessment of their PS submissions they haven’t been charged with the quantum of the numbers their charges under the PSR regulations I believe revolve around related party and fair value deals. It’s possible that these charges are proved that other charges followed but I doubt it.

So back to your 5 points above

a) Yes that seems to be correct
b) Possible but not a given
c) That’s what’s been said by UEFa re their settlement
d) That’s a simple fact
e) Again possible but it’s almost certain that Chelsea’s submissions for both PS & FFP would almost certainly be similar and the fact that there doesn’t seem to be a question that the more demanding FFP thresholds have been exceeded for those years.

What is obvious is that neither UEFA or the PL uncovered these issues as we know they were self reported following DD clearly the new owners conducted an extremely deep dive and that shows up just how superficial clubs audits are.

Finally what was the motive.

Possibly there was a concern that the numbers were tight , or maybe it was a way of avoiding taxes and or levies, normally most of these type of issues revolve around greed
If it was done to reduce taxes then it’s a criminal matter and the then Directors should be worried. I’ve not seen any suggestion that there is a Police investigation although if the there is or was it would delay any PL investigation.

I used to think this but honestly couldn’t care less now. I just can’t wait to see the back of Goodison. Every good memory I have from the place is over 10 years old at this point, it’s part of our past as far as I’m concerned. We’re stagnating and gaining nothing from remaining there, it’s actually becoming a disadvantage for the team on the pitch.
The first five weeks of '20/21 under Carlo were magic.